Expired Hot Deals

[CTExcel] CTExcel $45 7GB LTE Unlimited Text Call + Unlimited International Calls to 7 Asia countries

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 11:11 am
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
93 posts
121 upvotes
Airstrip One

CTExcel $45 7GB LTE Unlimited Text Call + Unlimited International Calls to 7 Asia countries

Deal Link:
Price:
$45
Expiry:
November 22, 2019
Retailer:
CTExcel
CTExcel Nov. 11 (Chineses Black Friday) Promo

Original price: $60/month
Now: $50/month for 12 months + $5 credit each month for 12 months = $45/month before tax for 12 months

Promo price from Nov. 8th to Nov. 22nd. SIM card free shipping.

Plan Detail:
LTE Data: 7GB (Telus Network)
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Canadian call
Unlimited International call (to China, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia)
You can also get a virtual China Telecom phone number (starts with China country code +86) for free for 12 months. Might be useful if you travel a lot to China. I also assume that people in China can call you on this number so the caller does not have to pay any charges for long distance international calls.

Steps:
The promo page is in Chinese but you can use the built-in Google Translate in Chrome.
Steps are as follows:
1. Go to the promo page, apply Google Translate
2. Click on one of the red envelopes, you have to enter your phone number to get a 4-digit code
3. See what prize you won (Most people get $5 bill credit each month for 12 months)
4. Click on the "My Prize" and you will see the prize you won.
5. Follow the guidance to select a plan and get the free SIM card
6. Wait till the SIM card arrives and then activate. Bill credit will be automatically applied each month.

They do hard pull for post-paid but you can choose the pre-paid option.
Hope my instruction helps :)

Additional Info:
cmcolor wrote: After 1st year, the price will go up to $60/month.
Last edited by natexiao627 on Nov 11th, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
---> 🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
14 replies
Aug 30, 2012
185 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
After 1st year, the price will go up to $60/month.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3041 posts
1467 upvotes
Toronto, ON
natexiao627 wrote: CTExcel Nov. 11 (Chineses Black Friday) Promo

Original price: $60/month
Today: $50/month + $5 credit each month for 12 months = $45/month before tax

LTE Data: 7GB (Telus Network)
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Canadian call
Unlimited International call (to China, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia)
You can also get a virtual China Telecom phone number (starts with China country code +86) for free for 12 months. Might be useful if you travel a lot to China.

The promo page is in Chinese but you can use the built-in Google Translate in Chrome.
Steps are as follows:
1. Go to the promo page, apply Google Translate
2. Click on one of the red envelopes, you have to enter your phone number to get a 4-digit code
3. See what prize you won (Most people get $5 bill credit each month for 12 months)
4. Click on the "My Prize" and you will see the prize you won.
5. Follow the guidance to select a plan and get the free SIM card
6. Wait till the SIM card arrives and then activate. Bill credit will be automatically applied each month.

They do hard pull for post-paid but you can choose the pre-paid option.
Hope my instruction helps :)
Never used this company, but the prices seem to be fair for starters. How is their customer service?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
93 posts
121 upvotes
Airstrip One
cmcolor wrote: After 1st year, the price will go up to $60/month.
Missed that info. Will add that to the post.
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
93 posts
121 upvotes
Airstrip One
lamboman wrote: Never used this company, but the prices seem to be fair for starters. How is their customer service?
CTExcel is the subsidiary of China Telecom in Canada. I think they launched the service early this year. I don't know much about the customer service but my friend who is on CTExcel for 3 months told me it is ok.
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
Jul 19, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
I’ve been using it for a couple of months, they use Telus network, better than my old Fido. CS might be a pain if you don’t speak Chinese.
May 11, 2007
921 posts
498 upvotes
Kitchener
Enter in Dragon in Canadian telecom market
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2120 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
lamboman wrote: Never used this company, but the prices seem to be fair for starters. How is their customer service?
Koodo / Public and Virgin / Lucky regularly have promotes that are equal or better than this.

¸

- - - - -
;)
Jan 30, 2006
482 posts
124 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
This deal is good for people who frequently travel to China since you will be able to use your data in both countries. You even get a Chinese phone number which is really useful while travelling in China.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1650 posts
1083 upvotes
While off topic, I have a relative who’s traveling back to China at the end of the week. Anyone know what’s the recommended place and plan to sign up for a month on?

If requires Chinese national ID, should not be a issue.
Jan 20, 2010
371 posts
101 upvotes
toronto
I use China Unicom when I was there last time. They have a plan which cost ¥5 RMB (about less than $1 CAD) per month. The calling is ¥0.2 rmb / minute and text message is ¥0.1 rmb /msg. And the data is one day 800mb for ¥1 rmb. If you use more than 800mb in a single day, they will charge another ¥1 rmb for another 800mb in that day. It only charge you ¥1 rmb for the day you use your data, which means if you don't use the data at all in one particular day, that day they won't charge you anything.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
93 posts
121 upvotes
Airstrip One
gamebird wrote: I use China Unicom when I was there last time. They have a plan which cost ¥5 RMB (about less than $1 CAD) per month. The calling is ¥0.2 rmb / minute and text message is ¥0.1 rmb /msg. And the data is one day 800mb for ¥1 rmb. If you use more than 800mb in a single day, they will charge another ¥1 rmb for another 800mb in that day. It only charge you ¥1 rmb for the day you use your data, which means if you don't use the data at all in one particular day, that day they won't charge you anything.
I was on a plan provided by Xiaomi (partnership with China Unicom) when I was in China. Similar plan to yours but the maximum daily cap for LTE data used is like ¥3. If you spent ¥3 of LTE data for a day, they won't charge you anymore for the remaining of the day but reduce your speed to 3G speed.
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1015 posts
1261 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Damn! Just missed it.
Wanted to Chat with King Jung un, Dennis Rodman and Xi Jinping!
SOAP & WASH YOUR HANDS! Cough InTo Arm Pits.
I Don't Take Prisoners. We Eat Them.
Better to have a Green Thumb than a Brown Nose!
I am Offended You're Offended.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
93 posts
121 upvotes
Airstrip One
HalfTrack wrote: Damn! Just missed it.
Wanted to Chat with King Jung un, Dennis Rodman and Xi Jinping!
Promo ends Nov. 22nd! You still have a chance to talk with King Jung Un with free international calls!
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)