Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CTVSP.com

Smith & Wesson M&P Sport 2 5.56 rifle - $670 *IN STOCK*

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 2:56 pm
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC

Smith & Wesson M&P Sport 2 5.56 rifle - $670 *IN STOCK*

Deal Link:
Price:
$670
Retailer:
CTVSP.com
If you missed out on the previous sales, these guys still have some Smith & Wesson M&P Sport 2 rifles CURRENTLY IN STOCK at a great price.

$25 flat rate shipping anywhere in Canada.
Thread Summary
Scary black firearm for sale
26 replies
Member
Aug 13, 2006
472 posts
225 upvotes
Sweet - thanks OP. I missed out on earlier sale and now most of the retailers that have received stock have raised the price to $799. Still a good price but 670 is much better.
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
-=MK=- wrote: Sweet - thanks OP. I missed out on earlier sale and now most of the retailers that have received stock have raised the price to $799. Still a good price but 670 is much better.
No problem. I dragged my heels before and missed the other sales, but I pulled the trigger on this one. Face With Tears Of Joy

The gentleman I dealt with on the phone was professional and friendly, and I had my transfer reference number from them less than 10 minutes later.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2109 posts
460 upvotes
damn i need my license to come in already
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
jackrabbit000 wrote: $689 at Cabelas in Edmonton South. In stock if anyone from Edmonton and area wants one. You can save on a bit of the shipping cost. They'll probably transfer it to another store for free.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/87335/smi ... ical-rifle
Strange, looking at their website, it shows a picture of the original sport model, but in the description it sounds like the sport 2 with the forward assist and dust cover.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1347 posts
1425 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
gw105 wrote: Strange, looking at their website, it shows a picture of the original sport model, but in the description it sounds like the sport 2 with the forward assist and dust cover.
Yup this was a discussion point on the original thread for this firearm as well. The pic is of the original sport but description is of the sport II.

I don't think anybody confirmed a purchase from them to verify which model they are actually selling.
Member
Aug 13, 2006
472 posts
225 upvotes
I picked one up this morning. Hopefully the approval doesn't take too long. I tried to price match with a retailer closer to me but they refused. They offered me a hat or a t-shirt instead. :rolleyes:

Thanks again OP. Now I need to find a quad rail hand guard.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2006
2241 posts
2517 upvotes
amkorp wrote: Yup this was a discussion point on the original thread for this firearm as well. The pic is of the original sport but description is of the sport II.

I don't think anybody confirmed a purchase from them to verify which model they are actually selling.
S&W is no longer making gen 1 of the M&P 15 in 223. This is on back order from cabelas so I am 100% positive this is Sports 2.

Sad to see price fixing in full effect from other dealers jack the price of this rifle $100 more than last round. With our $$$ at the current exchange rate....abosolutly no reason to see this happening. When this sells out from this dealer... I highly recommend people go for the Cabelas route...even after shipping you are saving at least $50 with the price other dealers are charging for this rifle. Use your money to do the talking and Don't encourage price fixing.
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
998 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
This is restricted right? Shame would love to shoot one of these at the cottage
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 18, 2008
512 posts
154 upvotes
cns187 wrote: damn i need my license to come in already
If you have someone you know who has a Restricted licence you can always get them to buy it first then transfer it to you later.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2006
2241 posts
2517 upvotes
P0rkchop wrote: This is restricted right? Shame would love to shoot one of these at the cottage
Yes
All Ar15 either restricted or prohibited.
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
P0rkchop wrote: This is restricted right? Shame would love to shoot one of these at the cottage
Unfortunately, yes they are.
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
How is this build quality compare to colt? I used the c7 for a few years back in the reserve and like the build quality. Then at home picked up norinco 14.5 inch barrel ar15 and the finish is pretty bad while shoots decent with reloaded ammo.

I'm in a small city now how do you order restricted online? Have to email them to set it all up?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
472 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
muscleking wrote: How is this build quality compare to colt? I used the c7 for a few years back in the reserve and like the build quality. Then at home picked up norinco 14.5 inch barrel ar15 and the finish is pretty bad while shoots decent with reloaded ammo.

I'm in a small city now how do you order restricted online? Have to email them to set it all up?
These are going to feel a little more plastic-y than the colt but are better than the Norinco. For the price, can't be beat. You can put a better handrail on it if you don't like the vintage style plastic one that comes with it. You're going to have to go up several hundred more dollars to get something sturdier.
You can have them ship Canada post even for restricted. Just pick up at your local post office. They won't even know it's a gun there. Just call them and and give them your RPAL and they'll take care of the rest. Don't know about transfer times though, it took about 3 weeks to get mine a few months ago in Ontario.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
eldeejay wrote: These are going to feel a little more plastic-y than the colt but are better than the Norinco. For the price, can't be beat. You can put a better handrail on it if you don't like the vintage style plastic one that comes with it. You're going to have to go up several hundred more dollars to get something sturdier.
You can have them ship Canada post even for restricted. Just pick up at your local post office. They won't even know it's a gun there. Just call them and and give them your RPAL and they'll take care of the rest. Don't know about transfer times though, it took about 3 weeks to get mine a few months ago in Ontario.
thank you for your reply. so the lower receiver is aluminum or figerglass/plastic? just the hand guard is plastic is fine. i didn't see the rifling is it 9 in 1?
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
Purchased yesterday, got my transfer approval from the CFO less than 24 hours later!
Member
Aug 13, 2006
472 posts
225 upvotes
gw105 wrote: Purchased yesterday, got my transfer approval from the CFO less than 24 hours later!
That's encouraging. Mind sharing what province you are in?
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
-=MK=- wrote: That's encouraging. Mind sharing what province you are in?
BC... We have the best CFO Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2006
2241 posts
2517 upvotes
gw105 wrote: BC... We have the best CFO Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
No ....Alberta has the best CFO...transfer complete within a few hours during business hours.
[OP]
Member
Apr 26, 2010
362 posts
1587 upvotes
BC
fluidmax wrote: No ....Alberta has the best CFO...transfer complete within a few hours during business hours.
I've had some that were a few hours as well.

Some people in the eastern provinces are talking about weeks for transfers to be approved, I guess we're both lucky ;)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)