• Jan 11th, 2023 2:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1503 posts
614 upvotes
GTHA

Cuba Split Stay Vacation in Jan/Feb

Looking for advice and comments on a split stay vacation to Varadero/Havana with Westjet Vacations. Going with WJ to use up expiring WJ dollars from covid cancellations.

The available packages include 3 days in Havana and 4 days at an all-inclusive in Varadero.

This will be our first time to Cuba. We are not beach/pool ppl but going with friends who are. While at the Varadero AI will there be other things to do outside of the resort, day trips or the like?

I've read/heard that Jan/Feb doesn't feel as warm as the temps/humidity might indicate as there is usually a breeze and evenings can be cool which is perfect for us. Not too fussy about food as long as there are decent choices.

TIA
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23443 posts
22399 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
RETD wrote: Looking for advice and comments on a split stay vacation to Varadero/Havana with Westjet Vacations. Going with WJ to use up expiring WJ dollars from covid cancellations.

The available packages include 3 days in Havana and 4 days at an all-inclusive in Varadero.

This will be our first time to Cuba. We are not beach/pool ppl but going with friends who are. While at the Varadero AI will there be other things to do outside of the resort, day trips or the like?

I've read/heard that Jan/Feb doesn't feel as warm as the temps/humidity might indicate as there is usually a breeze and evenings can be cool which is perfect for us. Not too fussy about food as long as there are decent choices.

TIA
Awesome choice

We looked at doing this … then Covid hit

It’s a much better choice than the day trip into Havana that’s offered by the Resorts in Varadero
Which can be excruciatingly long
Leave early AM … and get back after midnight
And those are all set itineraries …
With no room for exploring on your own

A combo beach + city vacation is perfect if you want to actually see Havana
Or … aren’t a hardcore beach person

In truth …
We love the beach
But we like actually seeing a place & its culture
(History, Architecture, Food, Music, etc … and the music in Havana is a must do )
So all our vacations are self designed with these things in mind

Infact if we put this trip back on our list of upcoming vacations … maybe Winter 2024
We’ll push it even further out than just 7 Days (4 + 3 )
Thinking 10 to 14 would be ideal with an even 50-50 split
Jul 6, 2010
148 posts
66 upvotes
Alberta
RETD wrote: Looking for advice and comments on a split stay vacation to Varadero/Havana with Westjet Vacations. Going with WJ to use up expiring WJ dollars from covid cancellations.

TIA
I was thinking the same thing planning a Cuba trip. I’d like Beach but also City Exploration.

In my search for a deal, I only see all inclusive to Varadero, can’t seem to find these days split stay packages you are referring to? Does only west jet offer them? Is it on west Jets website? I can’t seem to find this option on their website?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23443 posts
22399 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PC_Cola wrote: I was thinking the same thing planning a Cuba trip. I’d like Beach but also City Exploration.

In my search for a deal, I only see all inclusive to Varadero, can’t seem to find these days split stay packages you are referring to? Does only west jet offer them? Is it on west Jets website? I can’t seem to find this option on their website?
GOOGLE is your friend = WestJet Cuba Beach & City

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/hotels/va ... ay-package

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)