Fashion & Beauty

Cufflinks and Tieclips ... anybody still use them?

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2017 9:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
132 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario

Cufflinks and Tieclips ... anybody still use them?

These accessories seem to go in and out of fashion trends every few years.

Anybody still use them?

IMAG7078.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
25 replies
Member
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
264 posts
58 upvotes
North York
I have just started to get into them. I am a blue collar working industry guy but like to get dressed up for various functions. I have recently received a few french cuff shirts from Harry Rosen for Christmas and at first was a bit put off. But I am a silly, quirky guy and have discovered that the cuff link is a GREAT way to be silly yet fancy hahaha. Cuff-Daddy has a great selection of various links and they also have an Amazon store which make it easier to buy them.

Moores recently had cuff link, tie bar sets on clearance but it could only be in specific regions.

Now even more intesting if anyone is like me and enjoys a good EDC knife or multi-tool Amazon.ca Collar stay multitool


I might just pull the trigger on those puppies LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2255 posts
862 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
I'm a firm believer in accessorizing for men when the occasion calls for it.

That said, I use exclusively only tie bars as opposed to tie clips. Cufflinks too. I have a few of each in my collection.
Newbie
Feb 10, 2017
96 posts
84 upvotes
Take a walk around the financial district? These are hardly a trend. Like watches, these are minimal accessories that give your outfit the extra pop. Its just a matter of whether its tastefully done or looks like like a Le Crapteau outfit.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
5783 posts
2546 upvotes
Durham
Well ... I'm still into all of this ...

If heading out to a "formal" gathering ... cufflinks a must for me ...

My watch never leaves my wrist unless if I'm in the shower ...

People now only rely on their cellphone for time ... too much of a hassle to pull out the phone from your backpocket or any other pocket ... lift up your hand and you will see time on your wrist ...
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Member
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
326 posts
962 upvotes
Waterloo
They never go out of style, people are just deciding to become lazy, cheap and unclassy. If you want to dress properly and formal these are always the best way to do so.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2255 posts
862 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
AV-Fishing wrote: Well ... I'm still into all of this ...

If heading out to a "formal" gathering ... cufflinks a must for me ...

My watch never leaves my wrist unless if I'm in the shower ...

People now only rely on their cellphone for time ... too much of a hassle to pull out the phone from your backpocket or any other pocket ... lift up your hand and you will see time on your wrist ...
Same.

I feel so naked without a watch.

Shoes, ties and their accessories, cufflinks - all of these things done right, along with a watch makes you standout from just another guy in a suit.
Member
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
264 posts
58 upvotes
North York
JKKim2983 wrote: Same.

I feel so naked without a watch.

Shoes, ties and their accessories, cufflinks - all of these things done right, along with a watch makes you standout from just another guy in a suit.
And belts...Sick of seeing people not wearing a belt. Or the young dudes that wear a belt around their hips so we can be graced with seeing their underpants. lol
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6848 posts
1929 upvotes
Richmond Hill
for formals occasions for people age 50+ and make 6 figures.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
6004 posts
1623 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: for formals occasions for people age 50+ and make 6 figures.
More like what separates boys and men.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 8, 2007
5262 posts
1607 upvotes
Tie bars are for juniors and try hards. 20-somethings who think they're a 'boss' because of some sh*tty side business. Keep reading those LinkedIn quotes, brah, while talking about 'hustling' and how you're into 'experiences' .....
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1053 posts
716 upvotes
Ottawa
Did cufflinks ever go out of style? I'd say I've got a 60/40 split between french cuff and barrel cuffs and adding more french cuffs.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
bobbyz101 wrote: Did cufflinks ever go out of style? I'd say I've got a 60/40 split between french cuff and barrel cuffs and adding more french cuffs.
Can u post a pic of your collection of cufflinks?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2255 posts
862 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
mebiuspower wrote:
More like what separates boys and men.
TodayHello wrote: Tie bars are for juniors and try hards. 20-somethings who think they're a 'boss' because of some sh*tty side business. Keep reading those LinkedIn quotes, brah, while talking about 'hustling' and how you're into 'experiences' .....
Found the man and the little boy... lol "try hards" Only little boys speak like that.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
6004 posts
1623 upvotes
I'm not a fan of tie clips - I don't bend over at work.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
SellKijijiOshawa wrote: These accessories seem to go in and out of fashion trends every few years.

Anybody still use them?


IMAG7078.jpg
If u worked in the financial industry for so long, why didn't u step up your game and buy some solid gold stuff, and switch out the cheap Swank stuff?
[OP]
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
132 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
Becks wrote: If u worked in the financial industry for so long, why didn't u step up your game and buy some solid gold stuff, and switch out the cheap Swank stuff?
The Swank was handed down from my late father. He had them from the 1960s ... 50+ years and just toss them away? They're classics and cannot be found anywhere.
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
SellKijijiOshawa wrote: ...They're classics and cannot be found anywhere.
Value Village, lol? I don't even know why I know Swank, but I am familiar with them. I think they are still around? Or maybe there's plenty of dead stock floating around?

Top