• Jun 10th, 2019 12:09 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1909 posts
1310 upvotes
Mississauga

Curb Repair

During the winter, the city snow plow appear to have cracked the curb side. There's a chunk that comes apart. My house has a sidewalk then the curb. Just wondering if this is fixed by the city or should I need to call repair out of my own expense?
Images
  • CurbRepairBefore2[1].jpg
5 replies
Feb 28, 2018
186 posts
125 upvotes
Waterloo region
I would think the city would fix it... other than the fact that the snow plow caused the damage, it’s city property and you pay taxes to cover maintenance and repairs of the roads etc. Give the city a call.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3756 posts
1384 upvotes
Ancaster
Definitely the city deals with this. Just let them know about it.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11312 posts
5494 upvotes
Vaughan
Let the city know, it is not safe for small kids. They are not aware.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7929 posts
5476 upvotes
Victoria, BC
jdu0ng wrote: During the winter, the city snow plow appear to have cracked the curb side. There's a chunk that comes apart. My house has a sidewalk then the curb. Just wondering if this is fixed by the city or should I need to call repair out of my own expense?
It isn't on your property. Let the city deal with repairing it (or not repairing it).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
The contractors for the city will definitely come by and make a meal of it for you.
It's what they live for.
They'll definitely fix that piece of broken curb, but for good measure, they'll break up an entire mile of perfectly good curb, which they will also rebuild.