Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
381 upvotes

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry David

August 29th 2009:

"The Seinfeld" Five are reuniting

[IMG]http://imgur.com/yL1x9.jpg[/IMG]

March 8th 2009:

I love this show. its possibly the next best thing after the Seinfeld in that category.

anyways The cast of Seinfeld will be making an appearance in couple of episodes.

[QUOTE][IMG]hr/photos/stylus/73809-seinfeld-series_341x182.jpg[/IMG]
"The Seinfeld" Five are reuniting on Larry David's HBO comedy "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

The four stars of the hit NBC comedy -- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards -- will appear together, playing themselves, in a multi-episode arc alongside David.

The episodes are part of "Curb's" upcoming seventh season.

David co-created "Seinfeld" with Seinfeld and served as an exec producer on the show, which he left after the seventh season but returned for the season finale. He is credited as one of the strongest creative voices behind one of the biggest shows on television.

Both Louis-Dreyfus and Alexander have done memorable arcs on "Curb," in which David plays a post-"Seinfeld" version of himself as a self-centered, socially inept semi-retired multimillionaire living in Los Angeles.

Ever since "Seinfeld" went off the air in 1998, there have been ramblings about a potential reunion of the show
Last edited by xpoint9 on Oct 14th, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
240 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
24 upvotes
Yeah, I'm catching up on this show. I watched the first few episodes of Season 1, but then drifted away from it and watched the entire Trailer Park Boys series. Can't wait!
Banned
Feb 16, 2004
2980 posts
2 upvotes
OMG thank you for telling me about this.. I haven't watched this show after the year+ long hiatus a couple years back.. you just reminded me of its existence! Have to catch up now. :D
Nov 27, 2006
132 posts
Pickering
Beautiful! Nothing beats Curb Your Enthusiasm! I thought the series died!
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16013 posts
382 upvotes
HAHA, I remember this show now. I've watched on the airplane...fun times :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2005
1213 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
wow, great news. it would have been better if it was an actual seinfeld reunion show, but this is the next best thing...
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12217 posts
135 upvotes
CYE is way better than Seinfeld. I just hope they rely on just the Seinfeld reunion for ratings. I would like to see a better storyline involving the actors.
Jan 22, 2007
580 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
wow, amazing news...

hopefully this may lead to a seinfield one-time special? i know there'd be ENOUGH people wanting to watch...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
381 upvotes
[QUOTE]Fallen "Seinfeld" star Richards "a new man"

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Michael Richards, the Emmy-winning actor who played Kramer on "Seinfeld" but saw his fortunes dwindle in recent years, is "a new man," according to Larry David, the co-creator of the legendary sitcom.

Richards' flagging career ground to a halt in 2006 after he was captured on a cell phone camera delivering an alcohol-fueled racist tirade at some hecklers watching his routine at a Los Angeles comedy clubs. The master of physical comedy apologized profusely, and inadvertently drew studio-audience laughter while making a mea culpa on "Late Show with David Letterman."

But now Richards, and Kramer, are back. In fact all of the "Seinfeld" stars -- Richards, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Jerry Seinfeld -- appear later this summer in about half the episodes of the new season of David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on HBO.

Neither David nor Jeff Garlin, a show producer who plays David's manager, would reveal too many details.

But David did say that Richards "is like a new man. He really went through something (with that incident). He used to be very angry and bitter. He's completely different now. You can see it, and he can feel it. I'm very happy for him."

As for David, he opens on Friday in Woody Allen's "Whatever Works," which co-stars Patricia Clarkson and Evan Rachel Wood, as well as Ed Begley, Jr. and "Tudors" star Henry Cavill.[/QUOTE]

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0906 ... s_richards
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
24 upvotes
Should I watch the entire series if I want to enjoy this reunion season? I tried my best to get back into this show, but Larry David kinda annoys me...too old...great writer/producer/etc...but definitely not a guy you want to be the main character of a show.

I watched like 5-6 or episodes of the first season and that was it :|
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
381 upvotes
Jay Hova wrote: Should I watch the entire series if I want to enjoy this reunion season? I tried my best to get back into this show, but Larry David kinda annoys me...too old...great writer/producer/etc...but definitely not a guy you want to be the main character of a show.

I watched like 5-6 or episodes of the first season and that was it :|
Well if you watched 5-6 episodes and didn't like it, I', guessing you're not going to like the rest of the show. It follows the same basic format; Larry David gets into awkward situations, while he's trying to do something good, it always backfires on him.

Its been sometime since I saw the show, but I think the show gets a bit better as it progresses. So I suggest that you watch couple of episode of season 2 and then decide.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
24 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: Well if you watched 5-6 episodes and didn't like it, I', guessing you're not going to like the rest of the show. It follows the same basic format; Larry David gets into awkward situations, while he's trying to do something good, it always backfires on him.

Its been sometime since I saw the show, but I think the show gets a bit better as it progresses. So I suggest that you watch couple of episode of season 2 and then decide.
I like the situations/story-lines...but Larry David, himself, annoys me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
381 upvotes
Jay Hova wrote: I like the situations/story-lines...but Larry David, himself, annoys me.
I think his character is suppose to be annoying, but yes, they need to tone him down a bit.

it's like Michael Scott from The Office. People find him really annoying but it's his character.
Jun 11, 2008
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
This is my favorite show besides Seinfeld. I cant wait for these episodes!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12002 posts
1781 upvotes
loooove seinfeld and looove larry david even more
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2045 posts
67 upvotes
Cant wait for it to start again, love this show.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
163 upvotes
i wonder if the Blacks will still be living with Larry.... i love this show..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6127 posts
520 upvotes
Calgary
it depends wrote: CYE is doing the same thing Seinfeld did - push situational comedy to a new and exciting level. usually when that happens it gets canceled, but David seems to be able to also appeal to wider audiences.

Good Show.
well its on hbo so that helps...

does anyone know when the new season starts? is it this fall?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)