Expired Hot Deals

Current Migration Plans (Rogers/Fido/Bell/Virgin) (prepaid to postpaid) Starting from $30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 3:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11693 posts
101614 upvotes
Ontario

Current Migration Plans (Rogers/Fido/Bell/Virgin) (prepaid to postpaid) Starting from $30

These are the current migration plans. In order to get these plans, you need to switch from prepaid to postpaid. Need to be at least 30 days active on prepaid.
Some stores offer these plans without the 30 days hold but YMMV. It depends on the salesperson.

Virginmobile Thread = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/virgin- ... #p31546151
Koodo migration plans are usually the best one out there. From Public mobile to Koodo. I think their current migration plans are the same as Bell/Virgin.
Koodo thread = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-4 ... d-2317412/

Virgin/Bell
  • Unlimited Canada Wide Calls/Texts (Virgin = international texts)
  • Caller ID/Voicemail
  • Sweet Roam

$30 = BYOP 30 - 2GB
$35 = Silver 35 - 2GB
$45 = Gold 45 - 2GB

$40 = BYOP 40 - 6GB
$45= Silver 45 - 6GB
$55 = Gold 55 - 6GB

$50 = BYOP 50 - 8GB
$55 = Silver 55 - 8GB
$65 = Gold 65 - 8GB

*Virginmobile includes International Texts*

Rogers/Fido
  • Unlimited Canada Wide Calls/Texts
  • Caller ID/Voicemail
  • Roam Like Home
NEW
$25 = Talk and Text = 250MB
$40 = BYOD = 2GB
$45 = BYOD = 5GB
$55 = BYOD = 8GB

$60 = EDGE 20 = 5GB
$70 = EDGE 20 = 8GB
Overages: $20/1gb
OLD
$20 = Talk and Text = No data
$45 = BYOD = 5GB
$55 = BYOD = 7GB

$60 = EDGE 20 = 5GB
$70 = EDGE 20 = 7GB
*Fido includes International Texts, Fido extras, and 5 hours free data*

If your local stores don't can't offer it, you can activate a prepaid plan and then wait for the black Friday or Christmas deal.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Oct 18th, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Costco |June 27 - July 31| 116 pics| 1 month promo
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1710 posts
3102 upvotes
I like this "$20 = Talk and Text = No data" with Rogers but... $3 more and I get 1GB with PM and better reception and call quality.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1710 posts
3102 upvotes
Sorry to high jack but... saw this recently and seems interesting but....

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/cate ... o-Wireless

2GB @ LTE $19.99 - Fongo w/ free app
vs
3GB @ 3G $14.99 - Fido w/ Fongo free app

Glad to see competition out there but Fongo needs to drop that price in half to win over this market! $10 for 2GB @ LTE w/ Fongo app and I'd be in for sure!
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3831 posts
2203 upvotes
Halifax
Then there is Public Mobile with a $13 plan with unlimited incoming, 100 minutes outgoing, and 250 megabytes of data. You want more outgoing minutes, you can get an add on of 500 minutes for $5, which do not expire. All minutes are Canada wide!
Dec 12, 2007
157 posts
213 upvotes
saint john
no offense to OP, but those offers no longer being temptation after Public Mobile offers their plans.

I used to be on Rogers migration plan, then ported to PM, never regret. Rogers wanted to "winback" few times, but how could if they are still expensive than PM.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50283 posts
6429 upvotes
Toronto
ahoo99 wrote: no offense to OP, but those offers no longer being temptation after Public Mobile offers their plans.

I used to be on Rogers migration plan, then ported to PM, never regret. Rogers wanted to "winback" few times, but how could if they are still expensive than PM.
Does Public Mobile still only offer 3G plans? I don't think Rogers and Public Mobile can be put on the same tier. I don't think anyone can beat the limited time $60 15GB LTE plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3831 posts
2203 upvotes
Halifax
Jimboski wrote: Does Public Mobile still only offer 3G plans? I don't think Rogers and Public Mobile can be put on the same tier. I don't think anyone can beat the limited time $60 15GB LTE plan.
Public Mobile and Lucky Mobile 3G was always a red herring. Public Mobile's 3G is an LTE plan throttled to 3 mb/s I can see how that speed might be a problem when the data quota is over 10 GB, but under that, you do not want anything faster, because it kills your quota too quickly. 3 mb/s get 99% of what you need to get done, without issue. I have the faster LTE from Koodo, Virgin, PC Mobile prepaid, and Fido. In the real world, they are just as fast as throttled LTE Lucky Mobile, and Public Mobile, especially in rural areas, and congested areas.

Chatr's 3G is real 3G, is over subscribed garbage, and should be avoided like the plague!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1463 posts
3398 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This offer ($30 = T+T+2GB) has been extended to Lucky Mobile customers as well (got this as a text on my 'suspended' Lucky number) until November 17th.

Nothing to brag about. Just the standard base offer that the cartel has put up to switch from prepaid>postpaid, but this time Bell has extended it to Lucky Mobile users as well, to bump up their postpaid subscriber numbers.

If you were looking for a base talk & text plan with native WiFi calling (not the half baked crap that Lucky Mobile tried to offer), it's going to be between this one and the $20 talk & text plan from Fido (migration offer).

Yes, there's the $23 1GB/T+T plan from PM, but there's no native WiFi calling support, so go to the one that has the features you need!

I'd personally wait for the sales season to kick in before switching at this point.

IMG_2A7228BE0D5F-1.jpeg
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11693 posts
101614 upvotes
Ontario
vancityguy0 wrote: This offer ($30 = T+T+2GB) has been extended to Lucky Mobile customers as well (got this as a text on my 'suspended' Lucky number) until November 17th.

Nothing to brag about. Just the standard base offer that the cartel has put up to switch from prepaid>postpaid, but this time Bell has extended it to Lucky Mobile users as well, to bump up their postpaid subscriber numbers.

If you were looking for a base talk & text plan with native WiFi calling (not the half baked crap that Lucky Mobile tried to offer), it's going to be between this one and the $20 talk & text plan from Fido (migration offer).

Yes, there's the $23 1GB/T+T plan from PM, but there's no native WiFi calling support, so go to the one that has the features you need!

I'd personally wait for the sales season to kick in before switching at this point.

IMG_2A7228BE0D5F-1.jpeg
I'm waiting for black friday or dec. Hopefully, they have $0 xr on gold plans or silver plans.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Costco |June 27 - July 31| 116 pics| 1 month promo
Nov 13, 2017
141 posts
182 upvotes
Ontario
The rogers/fido migration offers have changed. The current ones are now:

$25/250MB, BYOD only.
$40/2GB, BYOD only.
$45/5GB for BYOD, also available with small/medium/edge20 tab.
$55/8GB for BYOD, also available with small/medium/large/edge20 tab.

Small tab is +$10, medium (or edge20 on rogers) is +$15, large is +$20. All these plans come with unlmtd Canada-wide talk/text (fido has int'l text, 5 hours data, and fido xtra on all these plans). Rogers prepaid customers can switch to fido postpaid and get these offers, and vice versa. Fido prepaid balances will only transfer to fido postpaid, rogers prepaid balances will only transfer to rogers postpaid, and chatr balances won't transfer to either. Overage data on these is $15/GB for fido, and $20/GB for rogers. $35 connection fee is still applicable.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3283 posts
882 upvotes
Calgary
DonJoe wrote: The rogers/fido migration offers have changed. The current ones are now:

$25/250MB, BYOD only.
$40/2GB, BYOD only.
$45/5GB for BYOD, also available with small/medium/edge20 tab.
$55/8GB for BYOD, also available with small/medium/large/edge20 tab.

Small tab is +$10, medium (or edge20 on rogers) is +$15, large is +$20. All these plans come with unlmtd Canada-wide talk/text (fido has int'l text, 5 hours data, and fido xtra on all these plans). Rogers prepaid customers can switch to fido postpaid and get these offers, and vice versa. Fido prepaid balances will only transfer to fido postpaid, rogers prepaid balances will only transfer to rogers postpaid, and chatr balances won't transfer to either. Overage data on these is $15/GB for fido, and $20/GB for rogers. $35 connection fee is still applicable.
Can you add watch plan to these Rogers offers? Anyone know?
Aug 3, 2015
2 posts
White Rock
I went to bell yesterday and couldn't get straight answers. The rep there noted to get the $30 2gb deal, I'd have to be a prepaid customer for 60-90 days. I went to a mobile kiosk that sells various providers and they noted that statement was true but the 60-90 days was not necessarily true - they didn't have the specific time frame. But they noted that these deals tend to go by quickly so the chance of being able to sign up for a prepaid account and then switching over after x time period is slim.

Not one rep noted anything about being able to on a case by case basis approve a prepaid to monthly transition for customers who are new or are recently new to prepaid. I was planning to bring over 4 lines but I couldn't get them to offer any better deals than the in-market plans. I also get a 30% discount on any in-market plans due to my works relationship with bell, but that discount does not apply as well to loyalty offerings such as this $30/2gb plans or on any prepaid plans. In-market plans only - which are very expensive plans. I'm currently with Koodo and have the $48 5gb plan ($53 after taxes). The cheapest bell in-market plan would be the $70 5gb plan or $75 unlimited plan(10gb). That means after 30% discount, it would be $52.5+tax. The other lines I was trying to bring over don't need more than 2gb data and they had budgets of $30-50 after tax.

We want to be on the Bell/Telus/Koodo/Virgin infrastructure ideally as it's the best network coverage. It seems only one family members current prepaid bell account is eligible for the $30 offer so they will likely go with it, while the rest of us will have to wait for something.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)