• May 8th, 2021 5:15 am
[OP]
Feb 15, 2013
992 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto

Custom aluminum sheet in GTA

Hi All,

I am looking for place that would cut/bend aluminum sheet to match the garage frame. Could anyone recommend any place in GTA?

Similar to below video.

6 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9086 upvotes
Markham
Roofing companies would know aluminum ppl, if you have a roofer, ask for a referral.

Having said that, you might consider refacing the wood with a new thin facing piece or even just sanding it and repainting perhaps. You can even Bondo fill and sand the bad areas....like doing car work.
Aluminum gets dents and you can't fix it. Seams don't look good either IMO.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Feb 15, 2013
992 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Roofing companies would know aluminum ppl, if you have a roofer, ask for a referral.

Having said that, you might consider refacing the wood with a new thin facing piece or even just sanding it and repainting perhaps. You can even Bondo fill and sand the bad areas....like doing car work.
Aluminum gets dents and you can't fix it. Seams don't look good either IMO.
I do not have roof referrals yet (new home owner)..

I see the paint coming out on the wood frame near garage door.. I will try to sand and repaint using waterproof paints..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8445 posts
3019 upvotes
Maple
gskn4u wrote: sand and repaint using waterproof paints..
Best bet to do. It should last few years.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9086 upvotes
Markham
gskn4u wrote: I do not have roof referrals yet (new home owner)..

I see the paint coming out on the wood frame near garage door.. I will try to sand and repaint using waterproof paints..
Fill, sand and paint is easy fix for any DIYer which you now are as a new homeowner....leaving the wood frame is much better than aluminum...because it looks like crap when aluminum dents up.

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 9, 2014
165 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These aluminum capping guys have rolls of different colored sheet and can bend to nearly any 90deg corner profile. Get all the wood trim capped at the same time; entry doors, garage door, fascia, porch posts, etc.
CensoredByRFD wrote: Look up aluminum capping on kijiji