None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1672 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto

Custom Kitchen Island in Toronto

I'm looking into getting a custom kitchen island with a stone counter top. From the companies I've looked at so far, it seems they only do entire kitchen rebuilds.

Can anyone recommend a company that can do small jobs like a custom kitchen island?

Thanks in advance..
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1033 posts
404 upvotes
GTA
Create the island out of base cabinets. Then go to a stone fabricator and ask to see remnant pieces of granite, marble or quartz. Should be able to do it under $1000 if you shop around.
May 14, 2008
438 posts
68 upvotes
Buy two (or more, as needed) kitchen cabinets from IKEA, and pay for their installation service. Then, have the installers set them up for a kitchen island.

Once that is done, have a granite installer come by to take measurements. Install granite.

Voila --> Kitchen island!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2471 posts
1442 upvotes
Alliston, ON
WannaBe wrote: Once that is done, have a granite installer come by to take measurements. Install granite.

Voila --> Kitchen island!
Good luck trying to get a granite installer to do such a small job. I'm trying to find someone to make counters for my laundry room.

Most seem to either have a min $ amount of 900-1000 or a minimum sq/ft which you likely won't reach with just an island. Unless it's fairly large
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1033 posts
404 upvotes
GTA
schade wrote: Good luck trying to get a granite installer to do such a small job. I'm trying to find someone to make counters for my laundry room.
It's an island. OP doesn't need an installer. Get a remnant cut to size, a tube of silicone and DIY.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2388 posts
820 upvotes
Island is just a fancy word for a few base cabinets + countertop. You can just design your own at Ikea. They have people working there who will design it for you. It's very easy to put together.