• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2022 11:05 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2010
94 posts
11 upvotes

Custom walk in closet recommendation

Hello,

I’m looking to get a custom walk in closet organizational system installed in Toronto (with help to design also). I’ve looked into California Closets and Closets by design, but have heard that they are overpriced for what you get.

Can fellow RFDers provide any recommendations? I can speak Cantonese and English if that helps!

Thank you so much and have a great day
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
1995 posts
1727 upvotes
GTA
BeapChastard wrote: Is Ikea Pax an option for you?
Yeah, you can't beat ikea on price, do a bit of hacking and you're good to go.

The other options are basically smaller guy semi custom, big companies semi custom (Cali Closets). cabinet shop custom, woodworking custom. That's basically in order from least to most expensive. Although the cabinet shop may be cheaper than Cali.

All in all, its probably ikea or the like, or you're going to be paying a good amount. Also, what size closet are you talking about?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3344 posts
1938 upvotes
Mississauga
We used California Closets for our built-in mudroom storage with bench. They custom sized it using the plans we had. They are definitely expensive especially compared to Ikea but no regrets on the hardware or quality of finish that we got.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2010
94 posts
11 upvotes
I have some pretty awkward spaces so the custom route is likely what makes the most sense. Was hoping to find someone that’s Asian and cost less than California closets. Or better materials (not MDF) for similar price
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5956 posts
1613 upvotes
Milton
Were you able to make a decision on your custom decision?
Aug 29, 2010
693 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote: Were you able to make a decision on your custom decision?
If you're looking for one, Tailored Living is a good company.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5956 posts
1613 upvotes
Milton
Lemonylol wrote: If you're looking for one, Tailored Living is a good company.
thanks will inquire. we reached out to costco as well because they provide 10% cashback on the project
Dec 28, 2010
879 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
Hello [OP] who did you finally go with?
We are seeking quotes now as well. Thnx
Jan 9, 2011
110 posts
63 upvotes
Pickering/Toronto
Thinking of doing this as well. OP any update, how did yours go and who did you go with
Jun 10, 2016
486 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
any updates from anyone that has had this done? OP? curious on what kind of costs we are looking at for a walk in closet as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)