None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3812 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga

Custom wall units for bedroom and family room

I want to build a couple and wanted to know if anyone had some good references for a custom wall unit for a fair price. Work would be probably 9 feet wall units and maybe a bit larger in the upstairs with closets on each side.

Any good references feel free to PM me if you have some good carpenters etc.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1159 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
When you say "I" want to build, are you saying your building them yourself, or would like to have a custom wall unit built?

The price for what you want would range from $600.00 to $10,000.00 each, depending on the complexity type of material such as paint grade mdf, particle board or a species of wood such as oak, maple, cherry walnut etc. Then you would need to factor in the options such as drawers, doors, shelves, then lighting and so on.....

I only know of one person I would personally recommend and he's in the Waterloo area. He only does high end work which starting cost would be in the thousands range. He also doesn't normally give free estimates as he's booked months in advance by referral. In other words, his customers are refereed to him by previous client and he give a rough estimate and let's you know the final price when done. For that matter I could give you a rough estimate but would need details on the project including a drawing.
May 28, 2012
12035 posts
4656 upvotes
Saskatoon
I think any custom cabinetry will cost a lot, especially if you want to use higher end materials...have you considered IKEA for the basic frame and use trim work to make it look custom?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10147 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
goto IKEA.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3366 posts
946 upvotes
Ancaster
We had an entertainment unit for our TV & components built by Expressions in Wood along with several other pieces of furniture.

We were very happy with the quality of the work and the pricing while not cheap; was reasonable for what we ended up with.

They are located in Stoney Creek.

http://www.expressionsinwood.ca/