Entertainment

CW Powerpuff (live action pilot adaptation featuring grown up disillusioned Puff Girls trio)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2021 12:17 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13268 posts
5036 upvotes
Toronto

CW Powerpuff (live action pilot adaptation featuring grown up disillusioned Puff Girls trio)

AoS actress Chloe Bennett cast as red headed leader Blossom, Dove Cameron as naive blonde Bubbles and Yana Perault as tough girl brunette Buttercup but the personalities may have evolved into adulthood

https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-powerp ... 234709956/

More potential for train wreck than smooth ride IMO but good luck writer Diablo Cody

A simpler, more innocent time

Last edited by jenviea on Apr 12th, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12030 posts
8736 upvotes
GTA, ON
I know of the first two (Cameron & Bennett) = Disney people.

Don't know the third.

Only potential for a train wreck? This could be the kiss of death career wise.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19288 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
Now I finally know where all those memes came from. I had never seen a single episode of Powerpuff Girls so I didn't get the references. Is the old who streamed anywhere?

Potential for a train wreck yes, but I'll withhold judgement until I see it. However, I will say it's not really high up on my list. I need to see a trailer at least first.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2126 posts
331 upvotes
I only knew Chloe Wang/Bennett since I used to correspond to her thru Daniel Wu's social media blogging website alivenotdead. Lol! Had some exchange of words with her back in the day before she was even on Agents of Shield.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13268 posts
5036 upvotes
Toronto
Obviously the source cartoon had simple drawings for wardrobe but I still feel they could've made the live action uniforms more detailed and realistic YMMV

Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
5077 posts
2868 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Obviously the source cartoon had simple drawings for wardrobe but I still feel they could've made the live action uniforms more detailed and realistic YMMV

Just wait until they CGI their eyes....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13268 posts
5036 upvotes
Toronto
After some unauthorized set pix, CW has decided to put out an official promotion for Charlie's Angels?
Variety wrote:A set photo of Bennet, Cameron and Perrault in their “official” Powerpuff uniforms was previously circulating on social media, but the characters only wear the costumes in flashbacks to their teenage years. The pilot will focus on the girls as adults, as seen in the first-look image.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4674 posts
6998 upvotes
Ontario
Did not know about the live action series.

I have seen many of the animated series' episodes. Their sendup of Saturday morning cereal ads that played during cartoon commercial breaks (80s kid) makes me laugh so hard, as the parody is so spot-on. How many takes did the voice actors do to nail their zingy lines for that particular episode? Such a cartoon treat.
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)