Cyber security - TN - Canadian looking for US jobs
1) It seems like end clients/enterprises are not interested in TN applications however tech manufacturers and consulting companies respond.
2) The recruiter sounds super excited but when we start discussing about TN visa then their tone goes down. Note that I already have written on my resume in big bold red color that Canadian looking for US jobs on TN Visa. Based on the phone conversation it did sound like they are fully aware of what TN is and I was told they have done TN in the past too for other candidates. It seemed like they did not had a good experience with TN candidates, why? I dont know.
3) Did a technical interview with consulting company and managing consultant was super excited and a week later got the email we decided not to move forward. I emailed the managing consultant who told me that he pushed really hard but senior management does not want anyone non-US citizen. Wonder why they interviewed me, also in the job description they did not mention a US citizen required.
4) I have been trying since December so COVID factor isn't the only one here. Most jobs are 85-90% match on my profile but they just reject me without even a screening call.
5) One tech manufacturer from the threat intel industry talked to me. The recruiter felt my CV is solid but then again when we came to TN point her motivation dropped. Usually the requirement is to be in US any location so I told her Buffalo is around 100-150 km and it shoulnt take long to find accommodation. She told me so we have a preferred list of candidates which came in from references who are first priority and my file was below. If thats the case why would she even call me to discuss salary and other BS stuff. Said she will come back to me next week but did not , they still havnt filled in that position.
Has anyone been in a similar boat? Please share any tips which can be helpful.