• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2014 4:12 pm
Tags:
May 28, 2007
421 posts
165 upvotes
Peterborough
fizz1234 wrote: Yes it does.

Need some help here:I have a spare linksys router that can be flashed with ddwrt or tomato. Is it possible to have this vpn running on it while the router is acting as a wireless bridge/extender?

My setup:Modem > Main router[home wifi] > linksys [vpn wifi]
The wiki tut at ddwrt is a bit confusing and want to know if there is an easier way to do this.
TIA
Linksys needs to be set up in dmz of main router. There are youtube videos on how to do this. All devices connected through lynksys will then run through vpn.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
297 upvotes
Pluto
Can I use this for Netflix? I already pay 5 a month for unblockus
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31252 posts
1949 upvotes
Fernando Poo
eldiablo - you have a link to your "Newegg experience" in your sig, how did it end?
May 16, 2004
492 posts
94 upvotes
over their
received activation code within 30sec of giving my email!!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4994 posts
1741 upvotes
Kingston
glad I didnt pay for this. Hulu doesnt work! tried quite a few servers
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1384 posts
424 upvotes
Curioprop wrote: Linksys needs to be set up in dmz of main router. There are youtube videos on how to do this. All devices connected through lynksys will then run through vpn.
My google skills have failed me on this one :D I know how to assign a static IP to the linksys[in DMZ] within/outside the DHCP range of my main router. After doing so if I configure vpn on the linksys router it should work ?
Sep 22, 2005
334 posts
15 upvotes
Cyberghost the worst VPN I've used, crazy high ping, 2-7mb/s download rates and a lot of random disconnects
-Hozy
May 28, 2007
421 posts
165 upvotes
Peterborough
fizz1234 wrote: My google skills have failed me on this one :D I know how to assign a static IP to the linksys[in DMZ] within/outside the DHCP range of my main router. After doing so if I configure vpn on the linksys router it should work ?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TmthvF6pDuY

t
This is the video that I used. Follow the instruction and tou will have 2 subnets, one of which willuse the vpn
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1947 posts
337 upvotes
Purgatory wrote: Can I use this for Netflix? I already pay 5 a month for unblockus
One advantage of a DNS service is being able to appear in multiple locations at the same time.

But for just Netflix this is good.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2687 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone been able to get CyberGhost OpenVPN to work on Android? I get the error "fragment' directive is not supported" when I try to use the ovpn file generated by CyberGhost for Android 4.x. I see a bunch of people have asked about this online, but without any response. CG seems to point everyone away from OpenVPN and suggests that they use L2TP instead.

I couldn't get L2TP or PPTP to work on Android either. Just gives an unspecified connection error.

The Windows app works fine for me, except that every CyberGhost USA gateway seems to be on a blacklist.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1475 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
JamesA1 wrote: Has anyone been able to get CyberGhost OpenVPN to work on Android? I get the error "fragment' directive is not supported" when I try to use the ovpn file generated by CyberGhost for Android 4.x. I see a bunch of people have asked about this online, but without any response. CG seems to point everyone away from OpenVPN and suggests that they use L2TP instead.
Dont waste your time with cyberghost. Purchase private internet access and use their android app no hassles
Apr 26, 2006
185 posts
110 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: Has anyone been able to get CyberGhost OpenVPN to work on Android? I get the error "fragment' directive is not supported" when I try to use the ovpn file generated by CyberGhost for Android 4.x. I see a bunch of people have asked about this online, but without any response. CG seems to point everyone away from OpenVPN and suggests that they use L2TP instead.
I'm using openvpn for android on my n7 and s2x. Are you using their app? Not sure if it matters, but I'm using the one by Arne Schwabe from google play.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1718 posts
359 upvotes
BC
Probably the worst VPN for me. Glad its free and, now I know why.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2363 posts
1544 upvotes
GTA
I have to agree that Cyberghost is not one of the ones I would continue to recommend. It has been giving me more issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9898 posts
3662 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Anyone else getting problems connecting to this VPN. I keel getting SSL certificate error (connection error) and to try again, but it keep repeating. Settings are automatic