Toronto - free bike lights Nov 4

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 4, 2020
Retailer:
Cycle TO
https://www.cycleto.ca/GetLit

Where & when?
We'll be providing lights on Wednesday evenings from mid-October to the first week of November to unlit cyclists in different locations across the city, and chatting with them on the importance of seeing and being seen at night.

Wednesday, November 4: 5:00-7:00PM
Last edited by sprung on Oct 28th, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
12 replies
Aug 21, 2017
56 posts
71 upvotes
killer_chan wrote: Today's location not up yet...
On 14th the location was posted around 3:30PM
On 21st the location was posted after 5PM
Hopefully they post earlier today, but I'm not betting on it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7178 posts
1942 upvotes
T dot 6
It always surprises me how many people I see biking around at night with zero lights.

I'm a frequent biker so I try to be extra courteous to bikers and I've almost accidently clipped a few bikers with no lights. You cant see them until the last second in many cases.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21315 posts
23707 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote: It always surprises me how many people I see biking around at night with zero lights.

I'm a frequent biker so I try to be extra courteous to bikers and I've almost accidently clipped a few bikers with no lights. You cant see them until the last second in many cases.
yeah, so many more cyclists now for various reasons (safer infrastructure, seeking to avoid transit) . lights are so friggin cheap and can literally save your life. can't understand it.

when I'm biking it is full lights + a reflective vest and a helmet cam
Last edited by sprung on Oct 28th, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Aug 21, 2017
56 posts
71 upvotes
Location posted.
Has anyone gotten the free lights from them before? The previous wordings imply they give the lights to cyclists without lights but I'm not sure if they also give out lights to pedestrians who are interested.

TIA
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21315 posts
23707 upvotes
Toronto
wormtail wrote: Location posted.
Has anyone gotten the free lights from them before? The previous wordings imply they give the lights to cyclists without lights but I'm not sure if they also give out lights to pedestrians who are interested.

TIA
if I were them and had to choose between a pedestrian and a cyclist for the free light I'd always pick the cyclist. makes sense.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5868 upvotes
Toronto
As usual... please only go and claim the bike lights if you need them, and intend to use them; otherwise, let other people take advantage of this.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 21, 2017
56 posts
71 upvotes
Was looking to purchase bike lights online, but glad I was able to get some for free.
I do try to avoid riding besides day time but feel much safer to have them just in case.
Images
  • bike lights.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5868 upvotes
Toronto
wormtail wrote: Was looking to purchase bike lights online, but glad I was able to get some for free.
I do try to avoid riding besides day time but feel much safer to have them just in case.
Lately, I have been turning them on even if I'm biking during the day... it might help others to see me even better and avoid accidents.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21315 posts
23707 upvotes
Toronto
Happens today

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)