[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2082 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto

Cyprus will pay you back for your vacation if you catch coronavirus there

https://www.secretflying.com/posts/cypr ... sz1Lj3yPH0

Cyprus has pledged to cover costs for anyone who tests positive for the coronavirus while vacationing on the Mediterranean island.

In an attempt to restore the tourism industry, the Cypriot government says it will pay pay for travellers’ accommodation, food, drink and medication.

However, tourists will have to pay for their own flight home.

To be eligible for the refund, travellers will need to first test negative for the virus within 72 hours of arriving in Cyprus.

“The hit is massive, and we are trying to do our best now and do what we can for the remainder of the season. We have worked extremely hard to keep the virus in check here,” tourism minister Savvas Perdios said on Wednesday.

The island will also be providing a “Covid-19 hospital” with 100 beds exclusively for foreign visitors.

Additionally, ‘quarantine hotels’ with a total of 500 rooms will be available to those who come in close contact with an infected person.

Cyprus plans to reopen its airports on June 9 to a number of countries that are seen as low risk, including Germany, Greece and Malta.

The country has 939 infections and 17 deaths.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13522 posts
9554 upvotes
This is going to be the best time to travel......tourism is going to be throwing all kinds of offers, money at people to travel... The downside is you may end up hooked up to a ventilator. But for the young and healthy, take advantage of the deals.
Dec 28, 2011
922 posts
463 upvotes
Midland
JayLove06 wrote: This is going to be the best time to travel......tourism is going to be throwing all kinds of offers, money at people to travel... The downside is you may end up hooked up to a ventilator. But for the young and healthy, take advantage of the deals.
Im already headed to Portugal. Flight was $143 booked in March for September lol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5298 posts
1315 upvotes
Toronto
Energie11 wrote: Im already headed to Portugal. Flight was $143 booked in March for September lol.
Wow... great deal
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1907 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Energie11 wrote: Im already headed to Portugal. Flight was $143 booked in March for September lol.
Where in Portugal?
Dec 28, 2011
922 posts
463 upvotes
Midland
zero_ wrote: Where in Portugal?
YYZ > PDL for three nights > Lisbon > 4 nights and home
Dec 28, 2011
922 posts
463 upvotes
Midland
It was Via TAP Airlines, however, Redflagdeals removed the thread. I was able to redeem a few points for a discount via TAP website.

Kind glad they removed my post... gives me a better chance to upgrade to business class with less passengers on the plane lol..

Thread moved: Toronto to Ponta, Delgada in the Azores, and…
Mar 28th, 2020 2:00 amFrom: Mars2012
Recipient: Energie11
The following thread(s) have been moved:
Toronto to Ponta, Delgada in the Azores, and to Lisbon, Portugal, for between $160 and $184 CAD roundtrip including taxe

RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules and Tips

Please read the RFD rules and if this doesn't answer your questions, please contact an administrator for assistance.

Sincerely,
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3836 upvotes
Energie11 wrote: It was Via TAP Airlines, however, Redflagdeals removed the thread. I was able to redeem a few points for a discount via TAP website.

Kind glad they removed my post... gives me a better chance to upgrade to business class with less passengers on the plane lol..

Thread moved: Toronto to Ponta, Delgada in the Azores, and…
Mar 28th, 2020 2:00 amFrom: Mars2012
Recipient: Energie11
The following thread(s) have been moved:
Toronto to Ponta, Delgada in the Azores, and to Lisbon, Portugal, for between $160 and $184 CAD roundtrip including taxe

RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules and Tips

Please read the RFD rules and if this doesn't answer your questions, please contact an administrator for assistance.

Sincerely,
What's your secret to ask for business class? At boarding? Check-in at the airport?
Dec 28, 2011
922 posts
463 upvotes
Midland
Messerschmitt wrote: What's your secret to ask for business class? At boarding? Check-in at the airport?
I just pay for it LIS - YYZ usually around $600 for an upgrade ... so all in all $1345 RT business class on a 3K ticket is not too bad
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4317 posts
2624 upvotes
Gotham
They should pay for medical and burial costs.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3836 upvotes
Energie11 wrote: I just pay for it LIS - YYZ usually around $600 for an upgrade ... so all in all $1345 RT business class on a 3K ticket is not too bad
Through their website? That's what I was asking, if you upgraded after buying the economy at sale, and if yes, is it online? If yes, how far ahead from check-in date.
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
batcave wrote: They should pay for medical and burial costs.
You do know the vast majority of people won't catch COVID-19 and that the vast majority of people who get it have little to no symptoms right?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
2320 posts
18752 upvotes
cardle wrote: https://www.secretflying.com/posts/cypr ... sz1Lj3yPH0

Cyprus has pledged to cover costs for anyone who tests positive for the coronavirus while vacationing on the Mediterranean island.

In an attempt to restore the tourism industry, the Cypriot government says it will pay pay for travellers’ accommodation, food, drink and medication.

However, tourists will have to pay for their own flight home.

To be eligible for the refund, travellers will need to first test negative for the virus within 72 hours of arriving in Cyprus.

“The hit is massive, and we are trying to do our best now and do what we can for the remainder of the season. We have worked extremely hard to keep the virus in check here,” tourism minister Savvas Perdios said on Wednesday.

The island will also be providing a “Covid-19 hospital” with 100 beds exclusively for foreign visitors.

Additionally, ‘quarantine hotels’ with a total of 500 rooms will be available to those who come in close contact with an infected person.

Cyprus plans to reopen its airports on June 9 to a number of countries that are seen as low risk, including Germany, Greece and Malta.

The country has 939 infections and 17 deaths.
Travellers heading to Cyprus will need to provide a valid certificate proving they've tested negative for COVID-19, while they'll be subject to temperature checks on arrival as well as testing at random during the course of their trip.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnew ... 61690.html
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5676 posts
2762 upvotes
Global Village
gei wrote: Wow... great deal
If the airline is still in business in September.
All day I dream about sports