Careers

Daily commute to downtown Toronto from Richmond Hill (via Go train)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2012 9:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 1, 2012
94 posts
16 upvotes
MARKHAM

Daily commute to downtown Toronto from Richmond Hill (via Go train)

Hi,

I am starting a job in downtown Toronto soon and I am wondering if anyone commutes daily to downtown Toronto via Go train. What is the commute like? How long is the ride? What time do you get up in the morning to catch the train and what time do you get back home?

Thanks,
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2568 posts
138 upvotes
commute time to/from Toronto? depends where you get on/get off.
what time you get up in the morning depends on how far you live away from the station. which station? we don't know, which station is closest to you?

commute is boring. unless you want excitement at 7am, I have no other alternatives I can suggest.
May 15, 2012
50 posts
5 upvotes
Thornhill
firedragon14 wrote: Hi,

I am starting a job in downtown Toronto soon and I am wondering if anyone commutes daily to downtown Toronto via Go train. What is the commute like? How long is the ride? What time do you get up in the morning to catch the train and what time do you get back home?

Thanks,

There is a GO station at Silvercity Richmond Hill. (yonge & HWY 7) Train will take you to Union station i think, approx 30 mins
[OP]
May 1, 2012
94 posts
16 upvotes
MARKHAM
Start: Richmond Hill GO station (Major Mackenzie)

End: Union Station
Deal Addict
May 4, 2010
1849 posts
550 upvotes
The GO train will be packed - you'll have a tough time finding a seat.

You'll find your life revolving around leaving your house at the right time and stressing about finding a parking spot (again which will be tough) and GO train schedules.

The commute home will be the same thing - jam packed in like a can of sardines and you'll get home late depending on whether theres been a delay or a 'medical emergency' etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2011
2240 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like his life will be full of joy and happiness.