Expired Group Deals

[daily deal] $50 for $150 towards The Butchers (again!)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2011 6:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 5, 2001
758 posts
19 upvotes

[daily deal] $50 for $150 towards The Butchers (again!)

"$50 for $150 worth of the highest quality organic and naturally raised meat, hot prepared foods, organic produce and more from The Butchers."
  • May purchase a maximum of 10 vouchers per customer.
  • Free delivery for orders over $50!
  • May buy unlimited as gifts.
  • Taxes not included.
  • Vouchers have no cash value.
  • Cannot be combined with other offers.
  • Expiry March 1, 2012.
https://www.webpiggy.com/

You know, at some point, I feel like It's going to be free to shop at The Butchers, as they keep increasing the discount. This is probably the fourth time I've seen them offer a coupon.

Still. It's a good discount!! Coupon expires in a year.

You have until Sunday evening to make up your mind and buy-in.
foodpr0n.com 11/02/15: Comforting Campagnolo // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com
26 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2407 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't even used my previous deal coupon...this is a better deal too. I have yet to go there thus I can't comment on their products. Can anyone comment?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53870 posts
18800 upvotes
pretty bad reviews from RFD people on the Group Buy thread -- way overpriced most said.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9621 posts
1135 upvotes
GTA
Wow, even Mods are posting in the wrong forum :)
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
117 upvotes
Sudbury
YLSF wrote: Wow, even Mods are posting in the wrong forum :)

and double posted in the Food section
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1499 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
All these deals make me a bit worried. They've had 4-5 deals since December I believe.

On the other hand I found the $40 for $100 to be decent value, and this is even better.

But this makes me wonder if pricing is increasing, if they have financial issues. They can't be making money on a deal like this when Webpiggy takes a cut. If they are their markups are incredible and they have a very good deal with the farms.
Nov 24, 2002
211 posts
106 upvotes
I recently used my 100$ coupon there from the last deal. There's no doubt that their prices on the steep side; the Rib Eye steaks I got were 63.91$/kg, as opposed to, say, 35.25$ for the Organic Baretta (sp?) Farm ones at Loblaws. That said, they were some of the best steaks I've ever tasted in my life, and way better than the supermarket equivalent. So I guess it comes down to personal preference, and whether you think it's worth paying extra for quality. With the coupon, it probably comes out to roughly the same, anyways.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1091 posts
189 upvotes
Waterloo
Hmm, I wonder what regular pricing the butcher uses for $50 vouchers as opposed to $40 vouchers... He probably has a spreadsheet to do correct conversions. And again, you will never see price tags on anything he sells.

Stay away from this deal.
Apr 8, 2007
731 posts
234 upvotes
Blitzo wrote: Hmm, I wonder what regular pricing the butcher uses for $50 vouchers as opposed to $40 vouchers... He probably has a spreadsheet to do correct conversions. And again, you will never see price tags on anything he sells.

Stay away from this deal.

Does anyone know what happens if this place closes before we use our vouchers? Would be get a refund from either WebPiggy or from Visa? I have to assume they are doing this for a quick cash infusion. It doesn't make sense how a little shop can survive continuing to offer these deals, even if they inflate their prices. I see this as a good exit strategy for a retailer... especially since the deals keep getting better and larger.... Is the consumer protected at all?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1499 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
ipassgas wrote: Does anyone know what happens if this place closes before we use our vouchers? Would be get a refund from either WebPiggy or from Visa? I have to assume they are doing this for a quick cash infusion. It doesn't make sense how a little shop can survive continuing to offer these deals, even if they inflate their prices. I see this as a good exit strategy for a retailer... especially since the deals keep getting better and larger.... Is the consumer protected at all?

They do have a second location that opened recently and have been around for a long time.

This was one of my concerns also. I think we are fairly safe but you never know. I plan to contact webpiggy to ask them if refunds are available to unsatisfied customers.