[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4345 posts
1172 upvotes
Charlottetown

Dairy Queen Cheeseburger Lovers sale 2 singles $5/two doubles $7

Deal Link:
Looks like Dairy Queen has their Cheeseburger Lovers sale on again, as with all these types of sales it says at participating locations (excludes Quebec), which is usually nation wide. two single cheeseburgers for $5 or two doubles for $7. https://www.dairyqueen.com/ca-en/Promotions-CA/
Last edited by townie22 on Jan 1st, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 replies
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes

For some reason the link doesn't work too well. Here's the image for the sale. Just says "limited time only".

Dilly Bars are also buy one get one free.
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
Aug 22, 2012
277 posts
246 upvotes
hot_potato wrote: How do these compare to other chains? (In terms of taste)
Imo they are an upgraded burger king burger. Char grilled taste

Much better than anything at McDonald's, on par yet different than a&w

And those are literally the 4 burger chains in my area so I can't comment on others, but when travelling Wendy's is at the top of the list.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2999 posts
1707 upvotes
DQ regular cheese/burgers give me the sense of a classic burger. Just simple and fantastic.

McDonalds and BK are super fast food. Harvey's is better without the meat these days. Wendy's and A&W are really good for what they are.. but DQ just screams classic taste.

This is all subjective of course.. maybe I have a fond childhood memory of a DQ burger and that's why it gives me that classic feeling whenever I have one.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2598 posts
2061 upvotes
Prince George
A&W $2.50 Mama is tough competition for this deal. May have to do some extensive A/B testing Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 19, 2006
781 posts
746 upvotes
Vancouver
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: A&W $2.50 Mama is tough competition for this deal. May have to do some extensive A/B testing Face With Tears Of Joy
The things we do for science...
Nov 11, 2013
872 posts
942 upvotes
Calgary
New Years resolution lasted about 11hrs. In for 4 double cheeseburgers!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28885 posts
9380 upvotes
Someone mentioned the last time that these are pre-cooked and typically prepared in a microwave or just warmed on a grill or something? TBH I got that exact same feeling the last time I got cheeseburgers from DQ. The deal is good but I dunno if they are cooking these from raw at all these days, quality seems to have gone way downhill based on my experience in the summer with their last sale.
Jul 19, 2018
487 posts
862 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Someone mentioned the last time that these are pre-cooked and typically prepared in a microwave or just warmed on a grill or something? TBH I got that exact same feeling the last time I got cheeseburgers from DQ. The deal is good but I dunno if they are cooking these from raw at all these days, quality seems to have gone way downhill based on my experience in the summer with their last sale.
Cooked from raw. If you got a warmed up burger then the restaurant staff are sh!t.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28885 posts
9380 upvotes
Drew81 wrote: Cooked from raw. If you got a warmed up burger then the restaurant staff are sh!t.
Well I don't know if this was the case or not but certainly didn't seem too fresh to me at the time. Can always give another try but the post in the last thread mentioning this, seemed to be spot on for what it tasted like.
Jul 19, 2018
487 posts
862 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Well I don't know if this was the case or not but certainly didn't seem too fresh to me at the time. Can always give another try but the post in the last thread mentioning this, seemed to be spot on for what it tasted like.
Order should take 7-12 minutes. The closest DQ to me is excellent
Last edited by Drew81 on Jan 1st, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6384 posts
2028 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Imo they are an upgraded burger king burger. Char grilled taste

Much better than anything at McDonald's, on par yet different than a&w

And those are literally the 4 burger chains in my area so I can't comment on others, but when travelling Wendy's is at the top of the list.
Dqs burgers are decent. Very under rated because you dont think burgers when you think dq. They had that spicy one a while ago and it was pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9532 posts
3803 upvotes
Toronto
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: A&W $2.50 Mama is tough competition for this deal. May have to do some extensive A/B testing Face With Tears Of Joy
i did a nutrition comparison.
Mama vs DQ cheeseburger both clock in at 400 calories but the DQ one has 23 gm protein vs 19 gm for the Mama.
i'll have to try out DQ to see how the taste compares.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jul 19, 2018
487 posts
862 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: i did a nutrition comparison.
Mama vs DQ cheeseburger both clock in at 400 calories but the DQ one has 23 gm protein vs 19 gm for the Mama.
i'll have to try out DQ to see how the taste compares.
Get 4 of each, put on some stretchy pants, and let the trial begin.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9532 posts
3803 upvotes
Toronto
Drew81 wrote: Get 4 of each, put on some stretchy pants, and let the trial begin.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5313 posts
2299 upvotes
Yuck. Who goes to Dairy Queen for anything other than dessert?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
ES_Revenge wrote: Someone mentioned the last time that these are pre-cooked and typically prepared in a microwave or just warmed on a grill or something?
That's what a lot of the big name chains do. Burger King's burger patties are pre-cooked and heated in a microwave. Wendy's burger patties has them sitting around on the flat top until they are no longer deemed good for burgers and saved for their chili meat.

Only major fast food chain I saw do them up on the spot is Harvey's.