Expired Hot Deals

[Dairy Queen] Free Mini Blizzard when you register an account through mobile (except QC)

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2019 12:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton

[Dairy Queen] Free Mini Blizzard when you register an account through mobile (except QC)

Download the Dairy Queen mobile app and register for an account to get a free mini blizzard treat.

(this deal was previously available only in AB, but they've since extended its availability to all provinces except QC)

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... production

iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/dairy-q ... ?ls=1&mt=8
Last edited by ChinpokoMon on Apr 19th, 2019 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2661 posts
1238 upvotes
Vancouver
“*Valid at participating Alberta locations. Excludes all other provinces.”

4/1 Edit - Offer terms & conditions has been updated.
Last edited by Spinner on Apr 1st, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2017
306 posts
215 upvotes
To save people the trouble, the website says: "Mobile deals can only be used at participating Alberta DQ® locations."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton
Strange. According to the release notes for the iOS app, which was updated yesterday:

"Mobile deals are now available at participating locations in ALL provinces, excluding Québec."
Feb 20, 2012
79 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Confirmed, valid throughout but no love for QC.
Images
  • IMG_20190401_072301.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1426 posts
719 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like the app is ready but good luck finding a participating DQ that is ready for mobile deals. None in Ottawa or Kingston according to the App.
May 7, 2018
24 posts
5 upvotes
All the stores around me in Markham say none are are participating with the mobile app (according in app).
Tangerine
Public Mobile $25/1GB
Nov 25, 2017
489 posts
297 upvotes
only alberta stores support mobile and one manitoba store. This is nonsense since now the coupon expires.
Feb 6, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes
Shawnies wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:21 am
only alberta stores support mobile and one manitoba store. This is nonsense since now the coupon expires.
I can't seem to find where in the app what locations are participating. Anyone know which Manitoba location is taking the coupon?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton
chriscabob wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 8:02 am
Looks like the app is ready but good luck finding a participating DQ that is ready for mobile deals. None in Ottawa or Kingston according to the App.
Please check the app now. I believe they've updated the participating locations since you've last looked. There are many locations in Ottawa, Kingston, and GTA that accept mobile deals.

Ottawa:

Kingston:

GTA:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton
PatrickT16393 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 11:00 am
I can't seem to find where in the app what locations are participating. Anyone know which Manitoba location is taking the coupon?
Open the app and tap on Find. Scroll to your desired location and tap on "Search Here". All "blue" symbols are participating locations. I see many in Manitoba.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton
wickedgx wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:19 am
All the stores around me in Markham say none are are participating with the mobile app (according in app).
I see 3 participating locations in Markham:
Shawnies wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:21 am
Sorry, looks like DQ hadn't updated their list of participating locations when I first posted. But they've since updated the list and the vast majority of locations outside QC are now working with mobile deals. (check the app for details)
Jan 6, 2012
186 posts
56 upvotes
Brandon
So all the manitoba locations are blue now, but the store details all say they do not support mobile deals and I can't redeem offer... Am I missing something here or is the DQ app just garbage?
Images
  • Screenshot_20190401-151112_Dairy Queen.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190401-151130_Dairy Queen.jpg
"DOORBUSTER" - LENOVOGATE 2014 😥
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3806 posts
1884 upvotes
Edmonton
renace wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 4:15 pm
So all the manitoba locations are blue now, but the store details all say they do not support mobile deals and I can't redeem offer... Am I missing something here or is the DQ app just garbage?
It's probably an issue with cached/outdated data. That same location is showing up as eligible when I just checked:

Jul 27, 2016
456 posts
371 upvotes
Kanata
mgeekd wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 7:23 am
Confirmed, valid throughout but no love for QC.
My redeem button is greyed out too and doesn't do anything. The DQ closest to me shows on their map ... and I doubt they made it where it will turn blue if actually at a DQ location based on your phone's GPS. That seems extreme and unnecessary.

@ChinpokoMon , can you comment if the redeem button is always blue for you in AB, or if it just turns blue and "active" when at a DQ location?

I will try myself later this week though. My coupon expires April 8th. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Edit- after setting my "fave" DQ location it's telling me that ordering is not available and but that I can receive a notification once it is. Looks like DQ has failed pretty bad on rolling this out. :facepalm: