Expired Hot Deals

[Dairy Queen] Free Mini Blizzard when you register an account through mobile (except QC)

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2019 12:52 pm
Aug 20, 2016
324 posts
282 upvotes
why not particpate?

everyone accepts the bogo blizzard offer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
Howitzer1 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 4:25 pm
My redeem button is greyed out too and doesn't do anything. The DQ closest to me shows on their map ... and I doubt they made it where it will turn blue if actually at a DQ location based on your phone's GPS. That seems extreme and unnecessary.

@ChinpokoMon , can you comment if the redeem button is always blue for you in AB, or if it just turns blue and "active" when at a DQ location?

I will try myself later this week though. My coupon expires April 8th. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Edit- after setting my "fave" DQ location it's telling me that ordering is not available and but that I can receive a notification once it is. Looks like DQ has failed pretty bad on rolling this out. :facepalm:
Mobile ordering is not available in AB yet either.

I'm currently about 1 km from the nearest location and the "Redeem" button is enabled for the mobile deals. I'm not sure if the button only turns on when your phone is close to the store or not.
Jul 27, 2016
555 posts
469 upvotes
Kanata
My app updated this morning. There's a bunch of new deals in it and now the redeem button is blue and clickable! Looks promising... Now to find out if my local DQ accepts mobile orders.
Feb 24, 2008
70 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
I’m in AB and got my free blizzard yesterday.

Trying to create a new account but the app says “an account has already been created on this device”

Anyone know how to get around this?
Nov 9, 2013
695 posts
773 upvotes
Scarborough
chckn wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 4:48 pm
Trying to create a new account but the app says “an account has already been created on this device”

Anyone know how to get around this?
May need a second burner phone since it shows the phone you are using is already identified and may prevent from creating a new account with a backup email address on the phone you have.
Jul 27, 2016
555 posts
469 upvotes
Kanata
UPDATE:

I was able to redeem my free mini blizzard in Ottawa tonight. After you hit "Redeem" a 5 digit code appears and the cashier just has to enter that into the POS.

Thanks OP!
Feb 24, 2008
70 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
Strafe1 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 7:28 pm
May need a second burner phone since it shows the phone you are using is already identified and may prevent from creating a new account with a backup email address on the phone you have.
Already did it on a couple phones.
Just looking for a way to create multiple accounts on the same device.
Sep 27, 2004
679 posts
39 upvotes
Scarborough
chckn wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 1:25 pm
Samsung Knox if you have a Galaxy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
chckn wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 1:25 pm
You should be able to create another account on the same phone again after you factory reset it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9574 posts
1266 upvotes
Is this offer limited time or for all new accounts etc?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5029 posts
2032 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
This is better than McFlurry.
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 11:24 am
You should be able to create another account on the same phone again after you factory reset it.
How they know you used the phone before?
Can you just uninstall the app and install it again?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2162 posts
567 upvotes
DQ near yonge-sheppard did not accept.
PSN: Sakaban
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
speedyforme wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:11 am
Is this offer limited time or for all new accounts etc?
The free mini blizzard offer is available for all new accounts. No end date for the promo has been announced, but assume it could be over any time.
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:57 am
How they know you used the phone before?
Can you just uninstall the app and install it again?
I'm guessing some sort of unique identifier of your device is stored by the app when it's installed, and that identifier is sent to DQ whenever you attempt to register a new account, so they could block the registration if it's already been done once from your device. For Android, factory resetting your phone will change its Android ID, and should allow you to register another DQ account.
Sep 20, 2017
98 posts
84 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:15 am
The free mini blizzard offer is available for all new accounts. No end date for the promo has been announced, but assume it could be over any time.
Promo end date is 16-Apr.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5029 posts
2032 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:15 am

I'm guessing some sort of unique identifier of your device is stored by the app when it's installed, and that identifier is sent to DQ whenever you attempt to register a new account, so they could block the registration if it's already been done once from your device. For Android, factory resetting your phone will change its Android ID, and should allow you to register another DQ account.
How about iphone?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine