Entertainment

Damian Lewis to play controversial ex-Toronto mayor Rob Ford in thriller 'Run This Town'

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 1:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8545 upvotes
GTHA

Damian Lewis to play controversial ex-Toronto mayor Rob Ford in thriller 'Run This Town'

22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5205 posts
2346 upvotes
Global Village
What???!!!
That's gonna be some fat suit..Neutral Face
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2855 posts
754 upvotes
I can see why Robyn may be a bit sour, but they did say every other character besides Rob Ford is ficticious.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Mar 12, 2018
160 posts
488 upvotes
They should have gotten Daniel Day-Lewis to do it
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10616 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just saw this as well. Weirdest casting decision ever but getting Damian Lewis on board is impressive.

I hope this movie is done tastefully. RIP Rob.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4151 posts
519 upvotes
howdyhoe wrote: They should have gotten Daniel Day-Lewis to do it
I thought he's basically done acting
unless crazy good script
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17639 posts
1188 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
howdyhoe wrote: They should have gotten Daniel Day-Lewis to do it
I'd pay $100 to see that. He'd do REAL CRACK and eat 5 lb. of steak/day in preparation for the role.
nasa25 wrote: Just saw this as well. Weirdest casting decision ever but getting Damian Lewis on board is impressive.
Horrible casting decision. Now every time I watch Homeland season 1, I'll think about Rob Ford.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6332 posts
3233 upvotes
Aurora
How about John Goodman for Rob Ford? Damian Lewis looks like he's more suited to play Rick Grimes than Rob Ford.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11861 posts
2049 upvotes
Mississauga
bestbudz wrote: Kevin Farley would be good.
Chris Farley. Unfortunately like Rob, he's six feet under too.
Apr 26, 2012
423 posts
13 upvotes
Whoever plays him doesn't have to be obese or wear a fat suit. Although his size plays a big part of his bumbling image, they really just have to get his personality and the story right. That said Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been my choice to be Ford.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3981 upvotes
Toronto
i dont get how the guy that plays AxelRod, will be able to act out Rob Ford... i can't see the character in the actor, or the actor in the character... really doesn't make sense.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6877 posts
1735 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
bestbudz wrote: Kevin Farley would be good.
Talamasca wrote: Chris Farley. Unfortunately like Rob, he's six feet under too.
dsg512 wrote: Whoever plays him doesn't have to be obese or wear a fat suit. Although his size plays a big part of his bumbling image, they really just have to get his personality and the story right. That said Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been my choice to be Ford.
Kevin is Chris's brother (actor too but not famous in the least).
However bringing up P.S. Hoffman now too - what's with all these dead actors people think would be best to play a dead mayor?!
No time machine has been invented yet people.

Lewis is a good choice but I would have been also happy to hear Jack Black, Val Kilmer, Alec Baldwin, or John C. Reilly in the lead.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2388 posts
601 upvotes
Ontario
Hopefully it will be banned by the new premier of Ontario. Hopefully it will paint the reporters as the stalkers they were.