[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal

Damn, the new PSN Store Website SUCKS!

Can the main images get any bigger?

I have all high-rez screens on my laptops from 1080p to a Surface Laptop 3 15" at 1664p, and none of them will show the price (or any other important info) of all game listings - just a big-ass ugly pic taking up the entire screen. The main images are SOOOO freaking big that the price drops just off the screen, making it impossible to bookmark PSN pages to quickly check prices once in a while. Some barely fit the price, while over half have it drift just below the browser window.

What are these Sony guys thinking? The vast majority of the world uses crappy 768p displays, and I would rather see the Game Price, Details, Size, #Players, etc. instead of a stupid "Big Pic or Logo" taking up the entire screen.

Here's an example of what I see when I load a PSN game page on an ultra high-rez laptop screen, and Sony is probably scaling it to the display - so if you have a 2160p to 4320p display the main product image would be massive:

fallout4_psn.JPG
Last edited by JackWhyte on Oct 25th, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8697 posts
3058 upvotes
It looks like Sony copied the design of the Xbox game store.
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/all-games?xr=shellnav

PS3, PS Vita, PSP games and avatars are removed from the Webpage store and can now only be bought directly from those consoles.
I'm guessing Sony did this to avoid getting customer service calls for refunds on PS3 and PS Vita games that do not work on any other consoles
other than those two platforms.

Even things like PS4 dynamic themes cannot be bought from the Webpage store anymore and can only be found
on the PS4 console's store directly instead.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/latest
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal
XFactor11 wrote: It looks like Sony copied the design of the Xbox game store.
Nope, not even close and here's what I see on my browser with Xbox Live:

live.JPG

All the info I want on a single screen, and details below if you need it. All PSN is a is MONSTER SIZE SCREENSHOT OR LOGO taking up an entire FHD or UHD screen with no price, add to cart, or other info present, which is absolutely insane.

What's most amusing that you cannot even Buy/Add to Cart a game on PSN without scrolling down, which is a HUGE no-no when it comes to online commerce, Price + Add to Cart should be "above the fold" if you have any clue at all.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal
I did find one game on PSN that was properly formatted, and hopefully this is the design they will move to, as opposed to it being an anomaly to the BIG HUGE LOGOS movement:

psn_1.JPG

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal
And it doesn't seem to be just me who thinks this "New PSN Store Design" is an absolute fiasco:

The New PS Store for Web, Mobile Is a Dramatic Downgrade

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10 ... _downgrade

Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
3250 posts
405 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
XFactor11 wrote: It looks like Sony copied the design of the Xbox game store.
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/all-games?xr=shellnav

PS3, PS Vita, PSP games and avatars are removed from the Webpage store and can now only be bought directly from those consoles.
I'm guessing Sony did this to avoid getting customer service calls for refunds on PS3 and PS Vita games that do not work on any other consoles
other than those two platforms.

Even things like PS4 dynamic themes cannot be bought from the Webpage store anymore and can only be found
on the PS4 console's store directly instead.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/latest

More like they copied the EPIC games design. What an eye sore!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2205 posts
2953 upvotes
Windsor
$ONY also removed Wishlist
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4855 posts
1834 upvotes
Ajax
JackWhyte wrote: Can the main images get any bigger?

I have all high-rez screens on my laptops from 1080p to a Surface Laptop 3 15" at 1664p, and none of them will show the price (or any other important info) of all game listings - just a big-ass ugly pic taking up the entire screen. The main images are SOOOO freaking big that the price drops just off the screen, making it impossible to bookmark PSN pages to quickly check prices once in a while. Some barely fit the price, while over half have it drift just below the browser window.

What are these Sony guys thinking? The vast majority of the world uses crappy 768p displays, and I would rather see the Game Price, Details, Size, #Players, etc. instead of a stupid "Big Pic or Logo" taking up the entire screen.

Here's an example of what I see when I load a PSN game page on an ultra high-rez laptop screen, and Sony is probably scaling it to the display - so if you have a 2160p to 4320p display the main product image would be massive:

fallout4_psn.JPG
Hopefully they can adjust in the coming weeks. The usual fanboys will defend it though. in 3,2,1 ..
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4725 posts
3183 upvotes
Toronto and London
The usual Sony haters at it again like clockwork.

Fortunately the store layout is something they change throughout the generation.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2630 posts
2809 upvotes
GTA
Yes I am a bit disappointed too

And now back to reading interesting posts
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 27th, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal
BernardRyder wrote: Yes I am a bit disappointed too

So you love the new PS Store design, huh? LOL - it's getting horrible reviews from even the most hardcore Sony fanboy, *
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 27th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2630 posts
2809 upvotes
GTA
JackWhyte wrote: So you love the new PS Store design, huh? LOL - it's getting horrible reviews from even the most hardcore Sony fanboy, *
Please find where I said I love it. I don't pass on false rumours and crap post in PS5 threads, unlike yourself. I had a link to your Chicken Little posts about the DualSense (Dualshock 5 as you called it) costing $135, or PS5 removing BC because... well, because you said they would. The usual overzealous mod completely deleted my reply rather than "cleaning it up", and conveniently left your snark.

And think this through logically, it is web code, very easy to adjust and improve as time goes on.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14473 posts
4639 upvotes
Montreal
BernardRyder wrote: Please find where I said I love it.
You love everything Sony and defend them like your life depended on, and it probably seems like it does.

The new PS Store website sucks, virtually everyone online dislikes it (there are threads on the PS Forums and PS Blog that are far worse than this one), so deal with it.

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2630 posts
2809 upvotes
GTA
JackWhyte wrote: You love everything Sony and defend them like your life depended on, and it probably seems like it does.

The new PS Store website sucks, virtually everyone online dislikes it (there are threads on the PS Forums and PS Blog that are far worse than this one), so deal with it.
Lol you're hilarious in so many ways

Off to my crying corner to deal with the emotional distress of a bad PlayStation website design. Too bad those can't be fixed!
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6181 posts
4433 upvotes
Toronto
My only issue with the new store layout is that when I'm browsing through the "all-in-one" app, I couldn't for the life of me sort a sale by price, title, popularity etc. Laptop experience is just OK.
Thankfully, we get our information and trailers and screenshots from YouTube and other sites.
With Zoomer Wireless !