5533 posts
2132 upvotes
Abbottabad
Stay in the centre of the universe.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
Turns out we're not as free as we thought we were here.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20907 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Nope ...
There have been other threads on this

The 4 Atlantic Provinces right now are in a “friendly bubble”
Where only residents of any of the 4 can travel to the others

For Everyone else, their Borders ARE CLOSED TO TOURISTS

With some of the lowest numbers for Covid in the entire country

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4852102

NFLD
263 Cases to date (1 Currently active)
3 Deaths to date

NS
1067 Cases to date (1 Currently active)
63 Deaths to date

PEI
36 Cases to date (3 Currently active)
0 Deaths to date ... YES FOLKS A BIG FAT ZERO !!!

NB
170 Cases to date (5 Currently active)
5 Deaths to date

I certainly get the thinking / WHY it is so
Rest of Canada, to them ... gotta look like we all feel when we look at the US Covid Numbers

fk. can i do a road trip to Banff?
Alberta is open.
And there are RFD threads about Banff

Still tho be aware that there may be some restrictions / limitations ... or particular closures

And that if anything changes in status Public Health does have the ability to shut things down again
Or roll back the stages

Honestly ... I get the itch to travel ... but not the best year to do it
With Covid floating around
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3573 posts
1103 upvotes
Mars
PointsHubby wrote: Nope ...
There have been other threads on this

The 4 Atlantic Provinces right now are in a “friendly bubble”
Where only residents of any of the 4 can travel to the others

For Everyone else, their Borders ARE CLOSED TO TOURISTS

With some of the lowest numbers for Covid in the entire country

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4852102

NFLD
263 Cases to date (1 Currently active)
3 Deaths to date

NS
1067 Cases to date (1 Currently active)
63 Deaths to date

PEI
36 Cases to date (3 Currently active)
0 Deaths to date ... YES FOLKS A BIG FAT ZERO !!!

NB
170 Cases to date (5 Currently active)
5 Deaths to date

I certainly get the thinking / WHY it is so
Rest of Canada, to them ... gotta look like we all feel when we look at the US Covid Numbers

Alberta is open.
And there are RFD threads about Banff

Still tho be aware that there may be some restrictions / limitations ... or particular closures

And that if anything changes in status Public Health does have the ability to shut things down again
Or roll back the stages

Honestly ... I get the itch to travel ... but not the best year to do it
With Covid floating around
Alberta is open to yankees, so they should open to their country fellows. I kinda see someday Canada will split into 4 countries, United States of Atlantic, Quebec, Empire of Toronto, the rest.

anyhow, I will wait another month and half, see how's the situation like after Labour Day.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20907 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
forgetpwd wrote: Alberta is open to yankees, so they should open to their country fellows. I kinda see someday Canada will split into 4 countries, United States of Atlantic, Quebec, Empire of Toronto, the rest.

anyhow, I will wait another month and half, see how's the situation like after Labour Day.
FAKE NEWS

Alberta is NOT OPEN to Americans / American Tourists

It’s just like anywhere else in Canada ... the Border is open to US Citizens with an ESSENTIAL NEED to travel to Canada
(Or to REUNITE Immediate Family Members ... like Couples where one person is a Cdn and the other an American)

In some cases, Americans are allowed to TRANSIT THRU CANADA to get to Alaska

But ... IN ALL CASES ... the MANDATORY ISOLATION RULES still apply to these exceptions.

They MUST ISOLATE ... THEY CANNOT INTERACT WITH OTHER CDNS (like go to a Grocery Store, or stop to sightsee in The Rockies etc)

Public Health takes such infractions very seriously ... and Americans that have BROKE THE LAW BY NOT ISOLATING have either been heavily fined, or given a NOTICE TO APPEAR in court date

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-issued- ... -1.4993704
Oct 22, 2016
877 posts
795 upvotes
Comox Valley
Come to BC, I think the industry needs the tourism dollars.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3573 posts
1103 upvotes
Mars
PointsHubby wrote: FAKE NEWS

Alberta is NOT OPEN to Americans / American Tourists

It’s just like anywhere else in Canada ... the Border is open to US Citizens with an ESSENTIAL NEED to travel to Canada
(Or to REUNITE Immediate Family Members ... like Couples where one person is a Cdn and the other an American)

In some cases, Americans are allowed to TRANSIT THRU CANADA to get to Alaska

But ... IN ALL CASES ... the MANDATORY ISOLATION RULES still apply to these exceptions.

They MUST ISOLATE ... THEY CANNOT INTERACT WITH OTHER CDNS (like go to a Grocery Store, or stop to sightsee in The Rockies etc)

Public Health takes such infractions very seriously ... and Americans that have BROKE THE LAW BY NOT ISOLATING have either been heavily fined, or given a NOTICE TO APPEAR in court date

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-issued- ... -1.4993704
were those the ones claiming they were "on the way to Alaska"? lol well, anyway, I hope I can drive to Banff after Labour Day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3573 posts
1103 upvotes
Mars
User452441 wrote: Come to BC, I think the industry needs the tourism dollars.
I'm actually planning on this. but don't know if I will get any trouble on the way there. Like the Quebec lady visited her mom in New Brunswick("?") was yelled at "go back to Quebec, you are not welcome here".
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20907 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
forgetpwd wrote: I'm actually planning on this. but don't know if I will get any trouble on the way there. Like the Quebec lady visited her mom in New Brunswick("?") was yelled at "go back to Quebec, you are not welcome here".
Might be cuz NB IS CLOSED ... to folks not in the “Atlantic Bubble”
Or travelling for NON ESSENTIAL Reasons

All the Provincial Borders WEST of NB ... ARE OPEN for Interprovincial travel

So go enjoy ... Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta & BC
But also don’t expect it to be back to 100% ... or like any other Summer

Doesn’t mean you won’t run into some crazy whack job that won’t want you in their Province

But it will be rare
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6947 posts
6068 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: Turns out we're not as free as we thought we were here.
Absolutely, we're not free to harm other people amongst many other things.

Did you realize we can't even drink and drive despite majority of victims surviving!? Majority of people survive car accidents, so why can't we drive drunk right? Heck, drunk driving doesn't even result in car accident majority of the time

Madness!!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14736 posts
4869 upvotes
GTA
This might crush their summer tourism...maybe they will open up to other provinces soon.
Aug 3, 2017
901 posts
697 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: This might crush their summer tourism...maybe they will open up to other provinces soon.
I doubt it, the Atlantic Canada summer ends after Labour Day or by late September at most. Being from NL, it certainly sucks not having been able to use all this down time to bring my kids to see family, go fishing, etc., but I think they decided the small economic upside to opening for just a few weeks wasn't worth it. They see us Ontarians as being as reckless as the Americans.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14736 posts
4869 upvotes
GTA
dolfan1980 wrote: I doubt it, the Atlantic Canada summer ends after Labour Day or by late September at most. Being from NL, it certainly sucks not having been able to use all this down time to bring my kids to see family, go fishing, etc., but I think they decided the small economic upside to opening for just a few weeks wasn't worth it. They see us Ontarians as being as reckless as the Americans.
I've never been. I just heard that August they tend to a get a ton of visitors coming in spending money.
Mar 6, 2010
733 posts
281 upvotes
Brampton
This would have been Atlantic Provinces' best chance to rake in tourism $$ but the high case count in ON and QC has killed it off. I still think they will open it up in next two weeks provided our cases don't rise.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2687 posts
1008 upvotes
Nunavut
mcbg1 wrote: Turns out we're not as free as we thought we were here.
How many times does the word pandemic need to be spelled out for you?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9563 posts
2180 upvotes
Somewhere
I'm going to Banff in a few weeks.

What's open and what's closed changes almost daily.

As of today, the major things closed are:

All the hot springs
All pools and spas in hotels
Peyto Lake (non-COVID related closure until end of 2020)
Cave and Basin National Historic Site (this changes almost daily. I checked last week and they were open with limited hours, now they're closed).
All the tourist centres and museums.
Johnston Canyon - the highway there is closed. You must walk or bike 6km (one way) from Castle Junction.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3573 posts
1103 upvotes
Mars
iEyeCaptain wrote: I'm going to Banff in a few weeks.

What's open and what's closed changes almost daily.

As of today, the major things closed are:

All the hot springs
All pools and spas in hotels
Peyto Lake (non-COVID related closure until end of 2020)
Cave and Basin National Historic Site (this changes almost daily. I checked last week and they were open with limited hours, now they're closed).
All the tourist centres and museums.
Johnston Canyon - the highway there is closed. You must walk or bike 6km (one way) from Castle Junction.
i understand close pools and spas, but close outdoor parks....are they so crowded?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)