Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Danby 14000 btu air conditioner - $419.99 online ($399.99 YMMV In Store)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 12:19 pm
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best portable air conditioners!
249 replies
Oct 14, 2014
215 posts
423 upvotes
Halifax, NS
These models have an issue with some internal assembly of the exhaust fan.
I had mine completely disintegrate at home after powering it on, and I had to take it back (a real pain in the ass)
I'm not going to attempt it again :-)
I really wanted to like it, but it was such a pain to haul it home and back.
Oct 27, 2016
473 posts
1558 upvotes
How does price adjustment work if we purchased online? The price online is still 519.99
Oct 4, 2009
422 posts
365 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
FragmentsOfLife wrote: How does price adjustment work if we purchased online? The price online is still 519.99
Could always buy in store and return it with online receipt :p
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1157 posts
1653 upvotes
FragmentsOfLife wrote: How does price adjustment work if we purchased online? The price online is still 519.99
Was also wondering this. Few family members purchased during the last few heat waves. Seems to work well. Though it's anecdotal, anyone can chime in with experience if the umbilical cord design works well for 2-pipe?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12166 posts
6015 upvotes
odedol wrote: These models have an issue with some internal assembly of the exhaust fan.
I had mine completely disintegrate at home after powering it on, and I had to take it back (a real pain in the ass)
Also had issue.Not worth the 400 unless you get a good one then it works great and would be worth 400 easy.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Feb 19, 2018
448 posts
434 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Portable ac is energy inefficient
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1197 posts
740 upvotes
SASKATOON
odedol wrote: These models have an issue with some internal assembly of the exhaust fan.
Samesies
Jul 17, 2012
254 posts
207 upvotes
Van, BC
Anyone in GVRD had success price adjusting? Did you just use the picture?
Aug 30, 2009
206 posts
210 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
grosbmi wrote: Portable ac is energy inefficient
Living is also energy inefficient, what's your point?
[OP]
Jul 3, 2019
312 posts
324 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Price adjust worked for me. Bought a new unit, went straight to the counter and returned it using the old reciept ($499.99+tax)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5934 posts
4379 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Anyone successful in price matching an online purchase in store?
Aug 3, 2005
631 posts
251 upvotes
grosbmi wrote: Portable ac is energy inefficient
This one is inverter based so I guess supposed to be more energy efficient than regular ones? too bad its not the color I want otherwise I would have risked it. I'm looking at LG dual inverter based in Homedepot but thats 658$. Also people buy portable AC because of limitations they have in the rooms they need to cool down.
Jun 27, 2020
31 posts
12 upvotes
I bought this back in June or July for full price. Before the heat wave hit, life saver. Wish I got it for $400 though
Mar 14, 2006
539 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
My last AC unit died just as the heatwaves were hitting us here in GVRD (Of course it did), was able to get 1 online and even though I was reading quite a few people having issues with the unit, mine worked like it should (did not roll a critical miss I guess). Have a couple of young kids so we packed into the master bedroom to sleep during the hot nights and it was pretty cold and surprisingly silent for its size.

Would be great if I can price match it here but knowing how the world works, it ain't going to get any colder during these summer months so its good to have one and not sure if I'm all on board with adding a central AC into my place but its also not out of the question either ...
Dec 23, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
Bought this model and had same issue as one of the users above. Internal fan didn’t work and machine crapped out on first day of use.
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
question, if costco is selling stuff for almost what they got it in for does that mean they are losing money on the clearance items or the "almost wholesale price" is 25% markup ?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1330 posts
415 upvotes
KamS47300 wrote: Bought this model and had same issue as one of the users above. Internal fan didn’t work and machine crapped out on first day of use.

I have 3 of these units and used them 24 7 for 2 months and no issues at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)