Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Daniel Wellington

Black Friday Sale 2020 - 50% Off Select Watches

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 9:30 am
9 replies
Nov 20, 2010
460 posts
675 upvotes
They need to slash another 70-80% off...
Aug 27, 2008
245 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry what's the problem? Are DW 50% sales frequent or something?
Feb 1, 2011
78 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
aseikin403 wrote: Sorry what's the problem? Are DW 50% sales frequent or something?
They're cheap quartz watches equivalent to the ones you get on ali express for 2.50$ only marked up to a ludicrous amount based on their marketing
I wouldn't buy one at 90% off
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1310 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Agree. Anyone who has some basic knowledge in watches knows that these DW watches are all cheaply made pieces of junk with terrible quality movements. According to my friend who is a watch collector, the brand is a joke within the watch industry and is solely making its profits by luring in newbies (*cough* influencers) via its social media ad campaigns.

It is like showing off a pair of Beats headphones to a true audiophile and boast about its superior (*cough*) frequency response.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3374 posts
6366 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Garbage watch and deal. But got to respect the DW founder for managing to hustle an entire generation to pay $200 for a watch that is normally sold for $2 and costs pennies to make. I would say most normies would think a DW watch is just one tier below a Rolex.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1833 posts
2707 upvotes
Other Side of Tracks
This is like the Dan Lok of watches?

Is it "inspired by Switzerland, made in China"? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart.
Aug 27, 2008
245 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
jamesboshwade wrote: They're cheap quartz watches equivalent to the ones you get on ali express for 2.50$ only marked up to a ludicrous amount based on their marketing
I wouldn't buy one at 90% off
Ah gotcha, I did actually buy a couple DW imitations off aliexpress and they look exactly the same compared to the real thing, but the imitations definitely tick louder which is annoying.

Recommendations on better quality brands with similar simple styling?