Food & Drink

Danone Class Action Lawsuit Settlement ($30 or up to $100 w/ receipt)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2019 12:48 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Not sure if mentioned in this thread but I submitted more than $30 in receipts but only got a cheque for $30. I see one other poster had the same thing happen. Has this been addressed in this thread? Normally I wouldn't keep receipts for grocery items but they were in my costco receipts which I do keep!
You, 'arsbabe', and anyone else who submitted receipts for more than $30 of Activia or DanActive product between the specified dates and only received a cheque for $30 (or 2% less than that if residing in Quebec) instead of the amount purchased (up to the stated $100 limit) should contact Collectiva, soon.

Call 1-800-287-8587, or send an email explaining your case to: info@collectiva.ca.

The 'Amended Settlement Agreement' (Final, February 26, 2013) stated claimants who had sent "incomplete" claim forms would be given WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE DEFICIENCIES and that such persons would BE GIVEN 30 DAYS TO CURE THE DEFICIENCIES; there is no mention in the document of any reason why a valid and complete submission (that is, one with proof that is also valid and acceptable, and attached) be denied the full amount the Settlement stipulated, Quebec Fonds d'aide aux recours collectifs notwithstanding.
'Amended Settlement Agreement' (Final, February 26, 2013) wrote:Image
Obviously, if you forgot to put your correct and complete address AND you didn't provide either a phone # or email address in the "optional" areas provided, they can't contact you. But other than that, they were obligated to contact you to give you an opportunity to correct anything that prevented you from getting the amount you believed you were entitled to.

As many of the posts in this thread show, Danone (through their agent, Collectiva) also contravened their obligation to mail out Compensation to claimants within 60 days of the Filing Deadline (August 27, 2013) -- meaning October 26, 2013
'Amended Settlement Agreement' (Final, February 26, 2013) wrote:Image
The date on the cheque stub I'm looking at right now says: "11/12/2013" - which is clearly many days AFTER the Settlement-agreed upon date.

What is the point of having an "Agreement" if it can just be broken like this?
On principle, I *will* follow up on this.
Oct 26, 2003
667 posts
60 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Not sure if mentioned in this thread but I submitted more than $30 in receipts but only got a cheque for $30. I see one other poster had the same thing happen. Has this been addressed in this thread? Normally I wouldn't keep receipts for grocery items but they were in my costco receipts which I do keep!
I submitted with receipts from Costco, got a cheque of $40 and some, though I thought my receipts were more than $50. However I did not keep a record so I have no clue how much it actually was
Dec 19, 2010
671 posts
5147 upvotes
Vancouver
Got my settlement cheque last week.
Jul 17, 2013
337 posts
79 upvotes
Got my cheque in markham today :)
Exactly $30.00
Mar 15, 2004
976 posts
311 upvotes
ltp2k3 wrote: I submitted with receipts from Costco, got a cheque of $40 and some, though I thought my receipts were more than $50. However I did not keep a record so I have no clue how much it actually was
I also submitted a bunch of Costco receipts and received less amount. What I found out was they are so clever to subtract the rebate amount for the yogurt or yogurt drink from Costco on the receipt!!! Then the issued amount on the cheque is correct.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
jsywong wrote: I also submitted a bunch of Costco receipts and received less amount. What I found out was they are so clever to subtract the rebate amount for the yogurt or yogurt drink from Costco on the receipt!!! Then the issued amount on the cheque is correct.
Could you explain that again? I would have expected them to total the purchase price of the qualifying Danone products, and if it is above $30, give you that amount (up to $100). I didn't understand what you said they did differently.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2805 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
cool, my dog is $1 million richer now :P

Happy New Year everyone !!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
708 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Strangely, my mother got another cheque this week ($30). She only submitted one claim, no receipts. Got her first cheque some time ago. Anyone else have this happen?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2058 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I still never received my cheque lol
Mar 1, 2011
458 posts
118 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Still waiting years later. Received nothing even though we registered with Collectiva.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
BigBacala wrote: Still waiting years later. Received nothing even though we registered with Collectiva.
I think you guys missed the boat.. I doubt even the lawyers are still involved anymore believing everything has been settled. Why didn't you contact them sooner? It's been years!
Mar 1, 2011
458 posts
118 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I forgotten all about it something just reminded me of it today. I had registered with Collectiva, and received several updates in the mail over the years then nothing. I wonder how many others never received theirs.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
If you never got it, why not email Collectiva to find out what happened?
Email is info@collectiva.ca

Your claim document should still be visible on echosign.com
The original confirmation of receipt of claim email was sent by Joyce Gauthier - mine in mid-July 2013.
I can still sign in and see it. Had to do a "forgot password" on Adobe Sign to get in though!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
not sure if i got this danone check rebate, but i got 27 bucks from collectiva for some UPS classaction in late january2019

did anyone get that free check? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
871 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I find it a bit strange that discussion on this class action lawsuit is up to 40+ pages and several years old and still going.
I posted an article on a class action law suit the other day and it was shut down after half a dozen comments.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)