• Dec 7th, 2019 2:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1255 posts
480 upvotes

Darksiders Genesis (Stadia) $39.99

For the 5 other Canadians that have Stadia like myself :p

Darksiders just released and has the US pricing, which I imagine will be fixed soon and inevitably be bumped up to $49.99
149 replies
Apr 20, 2018
126 posts
308 upvotes
They should pay you 39.99$ to play an offline game with lag.
Great deal nonetheless mate !
Jan 23, 2007
99 posts
101 upvotes
je190060 wrote: They should pay you 39.99$ to play an offline game with lag.
Great deal nonetheless mate !
Ah, excellent, another person who hasn't used Stadia, but speaking shit about it.
Aug 8, 2019
343 posts
198 upvotes
Any news if there will be any F2P games on Stadia?
Sep 20, 2007
525 posts
167 upvotes
roleless wrote: Any news if there will be any F2P games on Stadia?
There hasn't been mention of any yet. I have a feeling it won't be a thing until they set up an infrastructure for microtransaction sales. If games do microtransactions outside of Google taking a cut then Google would just lose money unless the traffic it drives to the platform makes up for the losses.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2372 posts
1465 upvotes
Wait, so you pay full price for a game that you stream?
Apr 20, 2018
126 posts
308 upvotes
Kasual wrote: Ah, excellent, another person who hasn't used Stadia, but speaking shit about it.
So let me get this straight.
The hundreds of professional AND personal reviews I've watched/analysed/seen about the latency and lag problem of stadia should all be dismissed , simply because I haven't personnaly used it?

Ok...
Sep 20, 2007
525 posts
167 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Wait, so you pay full price for a game that you stream?
Stadia (at the moment) really only makes sense if you have no hardware to run current or next-gen games and have no plan to buy any. I see it being an easy sale for casual gamers and families with young children who don't want to invest in a console. They just need games to match this target market (and marketing to reach these people).
Oct 30, 2012
6 posts
19 upvotes
Bought it on Stadia myself.

As for paying full price for "streaming" a game, sure. I'm paying full price for a game that is being computed elsewhere for me and streamed.

Lag for me has not been a problem. I have a 300d/10u cable connection, wired the chromecast as well. When I was at the office it worked fine there too.

Add me on Stadia if you like. Same name: Ramorous.
Last edited by Ramorous on Dec 5th, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 30, 2012
6 posts
19 upvotes
Leuthil wrote: Stadia (at the moment) really only makes sense if you have no hardware to run current or next-gen games and have no plan to buy any. I see it being an easy sale for casual gamers and families with young children who don't want to invest in a console. They just need games to match this target market (and marketing to reach these people).
I have a PS4, a switch and now Stadia. I do prefer playing on Stadia, the portability is what sold me. To play on my PS4, I need to get away to the basement, make sure the wife isn't mad about me tucking myself away to play, whereas stadia, I can just pick up and play here and there as needed.
Jul 3, 2016
280 posts
211 upvotes
Kasual wrote: Ah, excellent, another person who hasn't used Stadia, but speaking shit about it.
At least no one has straight up called you a shill
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Toronto
Ah, excellent another person who is pretending latency isn't an issue.

You must live inside a google server room.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2911 posts
735 upvotes
Belle River
Leuthil wrote: Stadia (at the moment) really only makes sense if you have no hardware to run current or next-gen games and have no plan to buy any. I see it being an easy sale for casual gamers and families with young children who don't want to invest in a console. They just need games to match this target market (and marketing to reach these people).
Or marketing that will get those casuals to try "core" games and become less casual.
Dec 22, 2018
30 posts
101 upvotes
Thanks, OP. I have Stadia, and it works flawlessly on all of my networks (maybe I'm just lucky?)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5088 posts
3850 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
a couple of stadia owners in here with less than 10 posts. Intradasting.