• Apr 21st, 2020 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster

Darwin Award Candidate: man caught going 271 kph on highway 417

271 kph on Delinte D7 Thunder tires ($85 per tire...) and he blew out. I know the roads are empty, but please people, don't waste First Responders' time with this stupidity. Bonus points for having cannabis in the car.

Idiot.
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6857 posts
1294 upvotes
Scarborough
This is why the recreational weed shops should’ve remain closed.
Prolly gonna get a slap on the wrist as usual as per soft laws here, disgusting behaviour
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12174 posts
3472 upvotes
GTA
You have to die to get a Darwin award.

Although, if he keeps this up, he probably will be in line for one someday.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9278 posts
1401 upvotes
If he crash, society should leave his corpse where it is.
Apr 26, 2004
599 posts
12 upvotes
That does not look like a Delinte D7 Thunder to me..

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/delinte- ... 7-reviews/
unshavenyak wrote: 271 kph on Delinte D7 Thunder tires ($85 per tire...) and he blew out. I know the roads are empty, but please people, don't waste First Responders' time with this stupidity. Bonus points for having cannabis in the car.

Idiot.
i7 7700K/ Corsair H115i V2/ASUS Maximus IX Hero MB/2 EVGA GTX 1070's in SLI/32Gig G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz/ Samsung 960EVO 500G NVMe/Fractal Design Case/EVGA Supernova 750 B2/Windows 10 Pro 64BIT /Logitech G602 Mouse/Red Dragon Yama Keybaord
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9004 posts
2580 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
apnayloags wrote: This is why the recreational weed shops should’ve remain closed.
Prolly gonna get a slap on the wrist as usual as per soft laws here, disgusting behaviour
Do you believe alcohol retail sales should have been closed as well?

I thought the Ontario cannabis were closed. Ah yes, here it is.
Cannabis shops, which had initially been deemed an essential business, have been cut from the revised list with only the province’s online sales portal remaining open.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/on ... 9-measures

In all of the coverage of this that I saw, there was no indication the driver was impaired by any substance. I would think if that had been a factor it would have been mentioned.

In any case, the driver was from Quebec, so Ontario mail order cannabis might have had nothing to do with it.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... rear-tire/
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
Hugh Jass wrote: You have to die to get a Darwin award.

Although, if he keeps this up, he probably will be in line for one someday.
That's why I said candidate. He's not far off.
Nov 7, 2013
792 posts
610 upvotes
Ottawa
MexiCanuck wrote: Do you believe alcohol retail sales should have been closed as well?

I thought the Ontario cannabis were closed. Ah yes, here it is.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/on ... 9-measures

In all of the coverage of this that I saw, there was no indication the driver was impaired by any substance. I would think if that had been a factor it would have been mentioned.

In any case, the driver was from Quebec, so Ontario mail order cannabis might have had nothing to do with it.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... rear-tire/
For what it's worth, pot shops in Ottawa deliver right now. I also think being under the influence was not a factor in this or, like you said, would have been mentioned. Read a woman with suspended license was going 211 km/h and I thought that was much, this takes the cake!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
14365 posts
2361 upvotes
Wonder what his total fine+damage+new insurance premium will be per HP?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6412 posts
3433 upvotes
Aurora
Primary thought. What an idiot!
Secondary thought. Whoa, my claim to idiocy (one of many) was only 220kph on the 401 on the back of a Honda Goldwing.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3482 posts
29311 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some people are jerked into thinking they're in a rush. If this was a total joyride, well, I guess he shouldn't have ran it up to the top. Don't know what's up, but you'll always find these kinds of people. Now people just have more time to read 'bout it' lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4380 posts
1271 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: 271 kph on Delinte D7 Thunder tires ($85 per tire...) and he blew out. I know the roads are empty, but please people, don't waste First Responders' time with this stupidity. Bonus points for having cannabis in the car.

Idiot.
why mention the model of his tires? is it impressive ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
SomeOtherDude wrote: why mention the model of his tires? is it impressive ?
Conjecture that he wasn't using tires rated for that speed.