• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2021 2:53 pm
[OP]
Aug 23, 2005
848 posts
52 upvotes

Dashcam Install Mississauga

Hi

Can you recommend a dashcam installer in Mississauga?
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5828 posts
2195 upvotes
GTEH!
Have you tried YouTube Videos?

There are videos from people showing how to install a Dashcam. That's what I did and saved myself some $$$.
😎
Sep 25, 2018
655 posts
1199 upvotes
Most people do it themselves. Auto shop can easily charge you 100-200 for a decent job (hide the wires, etc).

If you are just installing the front camera, it literally takes 10 minutes - stick the camera on the windshield, or strap it onto the rear view mirror, then plug it in. I left the wire hanging from the camera to the plug for about 2 years with no problem. It doesn't obstruct your view at all.

Installing the rear camera takes more work but it's mostly elbow grease. Pulling trim panels off are a lot easier than you think, and guide are available everywhere, in video, in text, in picture formats. Keep in mind certain brands will have breakable clips (breaks after you take off, so have to replace).

I did mine in about 4-6 hours, including research time during the job and lots of tinkering (finding ways to hide cable). The car isn't too popular so guides aren't that available. When I sold the car, it only took me 15 minutes to take it off. If I install again on the same car I can probably do everything under 1 hour, because I know where to hide wires, which panels to take off and which to avoid.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11439 posts
3697 upvotes
Toronto
AlicW93740 wrote:
I did mine in about 4-6 hours, including research time during the job and lots of tinkering (finding ways to hide cable).
That's a lot of labor hour to spend to do something that you aren't even familiar with. If that's something you enjoy exploring, good for you!

One channel is about $60-80 to install, 2 channels is about $100 at the shop and guaranteed professional done, since they do it everyday for living.

OP, I don't know any shop in Sauga, but if you want to come to York Region,
You can go to Lockdown Securities in Markham (funny name at this time, lol), or Audio Heaven in RH.

Both my car's Dash Camera install it there, wire well hidden. job properly done.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Aug 23, 2005
848 posts
52 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: That's a lot of labor hour to spend to do something that you aren't even familiar with. If that's something you enjoy exploring, good for you!

One channel is about $60-80 to install, 2 channels is about $100 at the shop and guaranteed professional done, since they do it everyday for living.

You can go to Lockdown Securities in Markham (funny name at this time, lol), or Audio Heaven in RH.

Thanks, I used Lockdown, they are great but too far for me now

Both my car's Dash Camera install it there, wire well hidden. job properly done.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11655 posts
8092 upvotes
GTA, ON
Hardwire or plug-in?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1111 posts
1345 upvotes
Barrie, ON
There are so many Youtube vids out there, even hard wired this is a very simple DIY.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5277 posts
2840 upvotes
Toronto
How hard is to hide the wires and plug the other end in the cig port? Ops my bad, everyone here is filthy rich and hires audio tech to plug in your tv set at home and run the wires to the wall outlet.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18562 posts
2302 upvotes
Woodbridge
I just watched Thinkware's how to hardwire...

I'm good. LOL I don't have a Multimeter. It feels like I'm going to screw something up or worse break something. Besides, the benefit of warranty coverage of my vehicle and/or dashcam.

Ask me to change oil, brake pads. Sure.

I paid $70 to get my Q100 installed at Lockdown Security. I'm good.

I also dealt with Audio Heaven. Both highly recommended. I got them to install my JL Audi system.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4564 posts
1571 upvotes
Akronica wrote: Hi

Can you recommend a dashcam installer in Mississauga?
Just do it yourself. It's simple.

Pull out the Glove compartment.

Slide the USB cable through ... exit the panel of the dash by the passenger door.

Use a flat head ... open the weather strip slightly ... slide in the cable ... push it in with the flat head ...

Continue up the windshield ... then across of the top of the windshield ....

Mount your dashcam beside the rear view camera on the passenger side ... connect the USB connector to the dashcam.

Plug in the other end into your 12V outlet.

Put the glove compartment door back in.

DONE.

TONS OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS! IT'S ALL THE SAME CONCEPT!

Took me 7 minutes to do a half ass job for my neighbour's car.

Took me 20 minutes to do a much better job on my car.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11655 posts
8092 upvotes
GTA, ON
With the popularity of dash cams, time for the manufacturers start installing a USB power port beside the rearview mirror. Winking Face
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 7, 2011
772 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
Come by for a windshield and I'll install your dashcam for free lol

A single dashcam is pretty straight forward to install especially if you're plugging in a cig or usb port. I usually install a cig port tapped in to the mirror hidden into the top console. This way I can plug in a usb plug and power a couple accessories from the top and it'll be hidden. A dual requires a little more work especially if you want to hide the wires from the interior cabin to the rear hatch(on suvs). Car are easier.
Sep 25, 2018
655 posts
1199 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: That's a lot of labor hour to spend to do something that you aren't even familiar with. If that's something you enjoy exploring, good for you!

Probably overestimated it. Spent 2-3 hours first day to take everything off, and maybe 30 minutes or so to put everything back the second day. Lots of time were also spent cleaning the interior plastics along the way.

It was my first time taking off panels so I took it slow as I didn't want to break anything. I was also debating wether running the wires on the ceiling or floor. Tried to do floor and realize there will be too much panels involved so had to went back to ceiling. It was last summer. The weather was nice and there was nothing better to do since everyone was trapped at home and I didn't want to contribute to the stats by going out.
Aug 6, 2017
598 posts
915 upvotes

It’s now $100 for 1-channel and $150 for 2-channels.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11125 posts
2887 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
A lot of people are commenting saying its 15min job, attached to windshield and run the cable and plug it in. it really depends on the dash cam, if you are installing some of the better quality ones like Blackvue or Thinkware then you will likely need to connect it to the fuse panel which takes longer and you need to be able to figure out what fuse to use. Again not to hard but if nobody has done it before then its hard.

I have seen photos and heard not the best things about lockdown security, they tend to use cheaper/lower quality connectors and rush the job. Have heard good things about audio heaven.

My suggestion is https://www.mk6ix.com/ for an installer, hes in Toronto but I know he sometimes does road calls and he all about quality. Contact him for more info.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11439 posts
3697 upvotes
Toronto
sickcars wrote: A lot of people are commenting saying its 15min job, attached to windshield and run the cable and plug it in. it really depends on the dash cam, if you are installing some of the better quality ones like Blackvue or Thinkware then you will likely need to connect it to the fuse panel which takes longer and you need to be able to figure out what fuse to use. Again not to hard but if nobody has done it before then its hard.

I have seen photos and heard not the best things about lockdown security, they tend to use cheaper/lower quality connectors and rush the job. Have heard good things about audio heaven.

I agree, if someone installing out through the power outlet and hiding the wires on the side frame, it is a fairly easy job,
The install I did at the shop is the connect it at the fuse box like your mentioned. I installed my Blackvue at Audio Heaven as well, plus my car, the battery is at the back.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015