• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2021 9:16 pm
Jul 18, 2021
8 posts
5 upvotes
Signed Zoomer $20 / 4GB deal. SIM arrived, works perfectly (LTE), AND I have a Galaxy tablet I can sell cause I really don't need it. Funny thing is if they had just matched the Zoomer deal I would have stayed.
I guess Fido doesn't really need my money anymore so I'll take it to the other guys. Good luck guys.
Jan 17, 2017
151 posts
76 upvotes
UgonnaEatThat wrote: Signed Zoomer $20 / 4GB deal. SIM arrived, works perfectly (LTE), AND I have a Galaxy tablet I can sell cause I really don't need it. Funny thing is if they had just matched the Zoomer deal I would have stayed.
I guess Fido doesn't really need my money anymore so I'll take it to the other guys. Good luck guys.
Anyone try asking for this to be converted over to eSIM so it can be loaded as a 2nd sim in an iPhone? I current use my 3GB fido as that, loaded by fido staff, at the mall, into my iPhone lol.
Sep 25, 2009
640 posts
515 upvotes
UgonnaEatThat wrote: Signed Zoomer $20 / 4GB deal. SIM arrived, works perfectly (LTE), AND I have a Galaxy tablet I can sell cause I really don't need it. Funny thing is if they had just matched the Zoomer deal I would have stayed.
quick question... can you receive text on Zoomer tablet plan?
Jul 18, 2021
8 posts
5 upvotes
Data plan only. There's not even a phone number showing under status, which is exactly what I wanted. I use Fongo texting $20 for the entire year. Super glad I found out about these guys.
BTW, regarding if the bonus 3gb 'bonus' goes away after the 2 year term - I asked and got a hearty "NO". Person who signed me up basically admitted that was their regular plan and that the 'bonus' thing is a gimmick.
Awesome.
Dec 16, 2012
29 posts
15 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Ordered the $15/month, 4GB data only plan from CMLINK, pretty good, it use TELUS network, also it can receive incoming text, highly recommended
Jul 16, 2013
558 posts
188 upvotes
Did ppl who got the email from Fido to shut down their service really lose services?
Dec 9, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
Signed the Zoomer plan. Confirmed the +3GB is permanent, not two-year expiry. It's on Rogers towers, full-speed LTE, and can work on EXT towers (Telus/Bell) for up to 25% of the time before you get booted. The guy didn't know if that time calculation renews with each billing cycle, so if a well-timed vacation would let you do two weeks back to back, or is measured some other way, or requires you to connect to a Rogers tower in between, but all that should be fine for my purposes. I had to get the ZTE tablet, which looks like poo specs, because they were completely out of all other tablets with no signs of a restock. The guy also said it's a "tablet SIM" and may not work in phones, but I expect it'll be fine to pop into my phone, get data, and use Fongo. They did have to soft-credit check me, which is annoying since he said it hits your credit score; and they did have to do credit card pre-payments, which is also annoying to me, but oh well. Cya Fido! Jerks with this whole scenario, and their agents wouldn't budge a bit on anything so I'm pulling my line and my GF's line.
Jul 23, 2018
8 posts
9 upvotes
Just got the email from Fido that they are changing my plan to the 250mo Data only plan (because you are not allowed to remain on a data only plan...) They said that they sent an email in August which I didn't receive.

Anyone have a found a way to fight that? They have escalated my complaint, but my hope are not very high.

For alternative I'm considering:
China mobile (4gb 15$/month): https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en/
Hong Kong 3 (35gb 268HK/year): https://www.three.com.hk/prepaid/DIY/en/offer/travel
Cityfone (4gb 20$/month): https://www.cityfone.net/tablets

The most interesting one seems to be HK3 since it cover USA, Canada, Hong Kong as well (which I go from time to time). Just that my phone doesn't support eSim which would fore me to upgrade.

Any alternative?