Cell Phones

Data Overlimit charges

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2020 2:58 pm
Tags:
Mar 22, 2012
8 posts

Data Overlimit charges

Some of the companies are waving these charges during the coronavirus emergency.

Is Koodo one of these companies? I can't find any info on the webpage and the self help was useless on this topic.

I need to use Facebook for teaching purposes and will soon run over my data limit.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
jacmac4848 wrote: Some of the companies are waving these charges during the coronavirus emergency.

Is Koodo one of these companies? I can't find any info on the webpage and the self help was useless on this topic.

I need to use Facebook for teaching purposes and will soon run over my data limit.
Does not apply to cellphone plans. Only applies to ISPs.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Can't go over the Koodo LTE data, since it stops when you reach the limit. Unless you choose to pay for extra
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2838 posts
1389 upvotes
Markham, ON
jacmac4848 wrote: Some of the companies are waving these charges during the coronavirus emergency.

If you're obligated to use Facebook for work, I'm sure the employer would pay the bill.
Mar 22, 2012
8 posts
xyztech wrote: If you're obligated to use Facebook for work, I'm sure the employer would pay the bill.
Thank you but I am self-employed.
Oct 15, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
jacmac4848 wrote: Thank you but I am self-employed.
It would be an expense of doing "business" and you can write it off on your taxes next year.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Dec 4, 2017
648 posts
346 upvotes
If you log on to your Koodo account and check your plan description, the term to look for is "SFD". It means "Shock Free Data".

That's what Koodo has sold for years on its main plans and it guarantees that you'll never receive a surprise overage bill. By default, it will stop the data service when you hit the limit.. You might be able to buy more data to restore service, but that's elective.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
IanBrantford wrote: If you log on to your Koodo account and check your plan description, the term to look for is "SFD". It means "Shock Free Data".

That's what Koodo has sold for years on its main plans and it guarantees that you'll never receive a surprise overage bill. By default, it will stop the data service when you hit the limit.. You might be able to buy more data to restore service, but that's elective.
Yeah, I think @jacmac4848's problem isn't worrying about accidentally going over, but rather worrying about needing to pay for extra when they inevitably run out.