Careers

Data science course and career options.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 10:29 am
[OP]
Nov 15, 2018
1 posts

Data science course and career options.

Hi, I have 8 years of work experience as an operations analyst and reporting analyst in India. Moved to Toronto (Canada) August 2020 on PR. Searching job locally but it's taking time. In the mean time I want to upgrade my profile to data science professional and was thinking to go for a course from Brain station. Can somebody please guide me if doing a certification course will help me or not? And is brain station is a good choice for course?

Or is it better that I wait for in class courses of UofT, as there is a possibility of classes in May2021.
2 replies
Apr 25, 2019
270 posts
113 upvotes
Ravdeepp wrote: Hi, I have 8 years of work experience as an operations analyst and reporting analyst in India. Moved to Toronto (Canada) August 2020 on PR. Searching job locally but it's taking time. In the mean time I want to upgrade my profile to data science professional and was thinking to go for a course from Brain station. Can somebody please guide me if doing a certification course will help me or not? And is brain station is a good choice for course?

Or is it better that I wait for in class courses of UofT, as there is a possibility of classes in May2021.
Get OSAP loan and do Georgia Tech MS - Datascience or University of Austin Texas - MS in Datascience. 10K USD in total, both are online programs and I think would be better than a bootcamp.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4971 posts
1603 upvotes
Brainstation is a good bootcamp.
Also check out Lighthouse Labs, Weclouddata, and General Assembly.

however, experience is more important than anything. These bootcamps will not guarantee a job and they are expensive ($13-16K for 3 month bootcamp)

You seem to have analyst experience, and there seem to be a good number of jobs for various analyst positions. You would probably benefit from the bootcamp but it is a very intense more than full-time job for 3 months. Probably 12hrs per day. You need to make sure you can focus on it for those 3 months.