Parenting & Family

Daughter wants to try skiing, where should i bring her?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 9:59 am
[OP]
Apr 18, 2017
490 posts
148 upvotes
Mississauga

Daughter wants to try skiing, where should i bring her?

hello. My 6 yr old daughter wants to try to ski. Where's a good place here in Ontario I can bring her to try her hands on skiing? Haven't been to any ski places like Blue Mountain so I don't know how those places work for newbies who only wants to try a single session. Preferably somewhere not too crowded so less chance of hitting somebody on the slopes. looking at a daytrip only by the way and we live in GTA.

Thanks!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1798 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga
Centennial park in Etobicoke, chingcousy park in Brampton or Glen Eden in Milton all offer lessons and small hills. No need to go up to blue mountain for a beginner I think.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13754 posts
5360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dyords wrote: hello. My 6 yr old daughter wants to try to ski. Where's a good place here in Ontario I can bring her to try her hands on skiing? Haven't been to any ski places like Blue Mountain so I don't know how those places work for newbies who only wants to try a single session. Preferably somewhere not too crowded so less chance of hitting somebody on the slopes. looking at a daytrip only by the way and we live in GTA.

Thanks!
Try Neverneverdays.ca... $25 for a beginners package that includes lift ticket, rental and lesson. Snow Valley Resort has programs for 6-8 year olds.

https://nevereverdays.ca/
[OP]
Apr 18, 2017
490 posts
148 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: Try Neverneverdays.ca... $25 for a beginners package that includes lift ticket, rental and lesson. Snow Valley Resort has programs for 6-8 year olds.

https://nevereverdays.ca/
thanks... nothing left for this year. will try january.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11633 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
East end has Dagmar.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2017
490 posts
148 upvotes
Mississauga
Gee wrote: If you're in Mississauga, Centennial Park (427 and Eglinton) is a good choice
thanks! will try this out. it opens in January.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1313 posts
904 upvotes
Etobicoke
Snow Valley in Barrie is good for a kid. Much better than Blue Mountain or Horseshoe for a beginner
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13638 posts
7766 upvotes
Toronto
Glen Eden in Milton based on your location OP