Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Davids Tea

Coupons are still stacking. Free Tea + Credit is gone

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 8:38 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1725 posts
2175 upvotes
Airdrie
What does SV10 do?

STEEP20 did 20% off, SV10 didn't seem to change anything.

Also what does the LIFEISGOURD coupon code do?

If would be nice to know which ones to use without bunging up the order and losing tins.
Images
  • chern.png
Last edited by mcwilly on Oct 30th, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 21, 2016
103 posts
137 upvotes
Alberta
*sweatdrops* Almost ordered kgs of tea but then realized that since I've only drank tea sent from family from Asia I'd be screwed if I didn't like it. Seems like such a good deal though...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5600 upvotes
Vancouver Island
trinxified wrote: Yep I had an order where it said $1200 saved or something.

I'm not sure if this glitch makes the past deals (last month or so) cheaper but yeah.

Care to chime in @IslandDeal
For sale items, this is as low as it 's been in the last 10 months since I started buying David's Tea online.

The Buy 3 for the price of 2 + 10% Email Coupon and 20% Volume discounts from about 2 weeks ago was very very close to
Today's 20% off x 2 (STEEP20 + LIFEISGOURD) + 20% off if you buy 1 KG

I stocked up as it was Cheap and they are discontinuing a lot of their Teas... specially the fruity ones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5600 upvotes
Vancouver Island
GangStarr wrote: Can anyone post a good intro pack that isn’t overly Excessive but makes good use of discounts.

New to tea. Do I really need tins? Can glass tupper wear work?
All teas are pretty much the same, they come from the same tree (plant). Green Tea is dried and sold as-is. Black Tea is green Tea that has been oxidized and turned black. (Oxydation is what turns bananas brown.) Black Tea will have more flavour and usually more caffeine than green tea.

Red Tea is Rooibos and actually not really Tea. Rooibos is a tree from South Africa, it's very similar to Tea but without caffeine. And when Rooibos oxidizes, it goes red.

White / Yellow Teas are a type of Green Tea that are a bit Whiter or Yellower than normal green tea. They are usually more delicate and more expensive and sometimes are grown at higher altitudes.

There is also Yerba Mates and Guayusa. These are Tea Like herbs, grown in South America with a LOT of caffeine, probably about the same as Coffee. Yerba Mate can be found in your grocery store, usually in cold cans in the ice tea fridges.

Kombucha is a type of Tea that you make at home. You start off with something called a SCOBY (It's like yeast....)
and you add Tea and Sugar to it. It's delicious and if made well, it will be carbonated.

Fermented Teas like Purr Eh:
https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/tea/gol ... 89042.html
are good, very rich and dark but have a distinctive smell.... like fermented cabbage (KimChi) or even a slight fishy or soya sauce smell. At first I only bought it because it was a deal at 80% off.... but I'm starting to like it a lot. And this Tea can be re-brewed 2-3 times. The flavour changes a bit with every brew.

If you are like me, trying to reduce your coffee intake, look for Black Teas.
This is a Pure Black Tea that I recommend:
https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/tea/tea ... 29490.html

And if you like Fruity teas, you can try this one:
https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/sale/sh ... 82632.html
(I love it but some people think it smells like cough medicine)

Green Teas are great with Asian Food or perhaps for an afternoon sip or if you like a bit less caffeine. Here is a nice one:
https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/tea/tea ... 77478.html

For storage, you can use anything that's "Air Tight" or "Semi Air Tight". I use the free cans as they look nice but I also use Zip Lock Bags or Tupperware's and I leave mine in the pantry.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3021 posts
1450 upvotes
David’s tea adds a ton of natural flavor which is a rip off, but makes the tea taste good. They weren’t always like this though. They also add stevia to many of their teas now, just a heads up to anyone who isn’t into the distinct crappy taste stevia adds. Just check the ingredients list for these things before you buy.

Forever Nuts is very tasty.

Cream of Earl Grey is great too.

The high end green teas they have aren’t worth it, if you want good green tea quality go to a Japanese import store, it’ll be cheaper and tastier, also Japanese green tea tastes better than Chinese green tea… also Chinese green tea…
Last edited by ph00p on Aug 21st, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2289 posts
937 upvotes
Scarborough
feiya200 wrote: How do people drink 8 kilo of tea? haha. I'm Chinese and I'm shocked.
super easy barely an inconvenience.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The stacking doesn't end here!

Don't forget Rakuten 2% cash back. Let's keep STACKING

Thanks OP and everybody for contributing to this HOT DEAL!
Matcha & Butterfly Jasmine tea ordered.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2641 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
IslandDeal wrote: You might need some more..... just to get the free Tins to store your 6KG

I'm at about $1000 since January but I always seem to be out of the Tea I like (Fruity ones.)

It might be because I use 50G (1 Pack) to make a 20 oz cup of Tea.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to use up this amount of tea? Even if one were to take in 3 cups of tea, that at best would be 7 grams or so, or maybe 10 at most. No?
May 23, 2016
79 posts
191 upvotes
Something is going on with their site, someone is going to have a sit down on Monday.

I placed an order for about 800g of various types of tea, most were on sale. I used the steep20 to get 20% off then tried lifeisgourd .... So my total came to 40 with free shipping. Then I removed lifeisgourd because I wanted the free tins. Then it gave me a choice to pick the 7 tins and select 50g of free tea... And I picked the mystery tea which gave me a further discount of 10.

So my bill was back to $40 with 800g of tea, 7 tins and 1 50g mystery pack. Will make great gifts for friends and family
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5600 upvotes
Vancouver Island
dealo'day wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to use up this amount of tea? Even if one were to take in 3 cups of tea, that at best would be 7 grams or so, or maybe 10 at most. No?
I use DavidsTea 32 OZ steeper

And with fruity or chocolate teas, I use an entire package (50 G). I usually drink 3-4 cups a day.

I'm trying to get off coffee (I used to drink 3-4 Starbucks Quad Flat Whites per day) and I've been off booze for 1 year.

So I tend to drink a lot more tea now.
Jun 4, 2019
23 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks OP. Coco colada is a household favorite. On sale + the stacks = $27 per kilo. Amazing!

I'm trying to lose weight by skipping breakfast (family doc recommended it). Drinking litres of tea in the morning helps quell hunger pangs.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1403 posts
846 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: Yep I had an order where it said $1200 saved or something.

I'm not sure if this glitch makes the past deals (last month or so) cheaper but yeah.

Care to chime in @IslandDeal
Funny thing was that I wasn't even looking for Tea.
I just had a feeling to check RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2641 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
IslandDeal wrote: I use DavidsTea 32 OZ steeper

And with fruity or chocolate teas, I use an entire package (50 G). I usually drink 3-4 cups a day.

I'm trying to get off coffee (I used to drink 3-4 Starbucks Quad Flat Whites per day) and I've been off booze for 1 year.

So I tend to drink a lot more tea now.
Fair enough, although I found that steeping fruity teas normally doesn't do it justice and that they come out too light as opposed to steeping them overnight and then putting it in the pitcher and leaving it in the fridge.
Even with Sweet Tart, I found that steeping it over night is better but that particular tartness is lost compared to making a fresh steep.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5600 upvotes
Vancouver Island
RockiestMountains wrote: Are the coupons only eligible on certain product? I can't get it to work on Mother's Little Helper, whether on a guest checkout or a regular account.
Hi RockiestMountains !

I just tried in a Private Browser (Incognito mode) and :

Organic Mother's Little Helper starts at $8.98 for 50G
Add code STEEP20 and it drops to $7.18 for 50G
Add code LIFEISGOURD and it drops to $5.74 for 50G

Untitled.jpg

If you switch to 1KG, you'll get another 20% off
($91.80 for 1KG = $4.59 for 50G)

1unnamed (2).jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5773 posts
4407 upvotes
White tea leaves in a pouch is avail. at T&T as an organic tea at a very affordable price, i forget which american brand it is sold under. Should be avail. at Foodymart too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5600 upvotes
Vancouver Island
DavidT748461 wrote: Something is going on with their site, someone is going to have a sit down on Monday.

I placed an order for about 800g of various types of tea, most were on sale. I used the steep20 to get 20% off then tried lifeisgourd .... So my total came to 40 with free shipping. Then I removed lifeisgourd because I wanted the free tins. Then it gave me a choice to pick the 7 tins and select 50g of free tea... And I picked the mystery tea which gave me a further discount of 10.

So my bill was back to $40 with 800g of tea, 7 tins and 1 50g mystery pack. Will make great gifts for friends and family
Thanks DavidT748461 !

That's weird, I just tried this and it worked....

When I chose the free Strawberry Tea, it added another 5% discount on everything.
When I chose the Cold 911 Or Free Tea Surprise, it was 10%

After playing around with these free Teas... the option for Free Tea just disappeared and I had to start over.

ProfProcyon wrote: I've never tried tea.
Welcome to our club ProfProcyon !

I would start with a normal back Tea, like Twinning/Salada/Red Rose that you buy in a grocery store. Start with a weak brew and see if you like it as-is. Then either make it stronger and/or add milk, sugar or sugar-like sweeteners (Honey, Stevia, Agave cactus syrup, Splenda....etc.)

OR if you like Asian or East Indian food, next time you are out ask for a pot of tea. Green Tea and Sushi go very very well together.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3021 posts
1450 upvotes
I feel like Monday we’ll see many orders canceled.
Mar 6, 2010
362 posts
104 upvotes
Not sure what does LIFEISGOURD do, seems SV10 + STEEP20 brings the lowest price...although didn't see the free canister...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)