Oct 12, 2008
285 posts
575 upvotes

[Davids Tea] Davids Tea up to 50% off

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Davids Tea
More offers from Davids Tea
Last edited by freeatom on Jan 8th, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Dec 24, 2011
51 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a little confused. Is it up to 50% off of the sale price of an item?

Seems like the posted sale price is the final price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5560 posts
1350 upvotes
Milton
any recommendations?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1569 posts
395 upvotes
wassupguy wrote: I'm a little confused. Is it up to 50% off of the sale price of an item?

Seems like the posted sale price is the final price.
As far as I can tell from adding a few items to the shopping cart and proceeding to check-out, prices are already marked down, so there is no additional discount.
Also, at the top of the Sales page, it states "Save big on select teas and accessories! Prices shown are already marked down. All sale items are final sale."
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1644 posts
736 upvotes
Laval
David's tea...if one is looking for natural tea, you may be disappointed as most of their selection contain artificial flavors in them
Dec 24, 2011
51 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
ShinNoodles wrote: As far as I can tell from adding a few items to the shopping cart and proceeding to check-out, prices are already marked down, so there is no additional discount.
Also, at the top of the Sales page, it states "Save big on select teas and accessories! Prices shown are already marked down. All sale items are final sale."
Thank you for clarifying! The title confused me as it said "50% off sale item". So I was looking for a code or something for the additional discount.

The $10 shipping charge kind of kills the deal unless you order $50 or more...
Dec 16, 2018
161 posts
393 upvotes
spena wrote: any recommendations?
As another poster has mentioned, lots of selection of teas, most contain natural flavour and additional sugar.

I only pick up the odd white tea or matcha once a year but my favourite tea is the organic roasted gyokuro.

Try a cup before you buy 50g or more (of whatever tea) so you don't bring home something you won't enjoy.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
Dec 14, 2008
703 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Throat Rescue is my favorite from David's but it's sadly not on sale.
Oct 14, 2011
89 posts
141 upvotes
DUNDAS
el pollo diablo wrote: This page lists their teas that do not have any added flavouring: http://blog.davidstea.com/en/flavouring-in-tea/
Sorry longtime lurker, never a poster. Only chiming in because I used to work there. But, their "artificial flavouring" isn't chemicals or actually artificial, it just means they made a flavour from different ingredients. For example, pineapple flavouring could have been made from two different fruits to mimic the flavouring of pineapple. Their teas are actually quite good quality and they invest a lot of money into ensuring their tea producers are organic. Hope that helps :)
Jan 8, 2006
47 posts
114 upvotes
Mississauga
ericasin wrote: Sorry longtime lurker, never a poster. Only chiming in because I used to work there. But, their "artificial flavouring" isn't chemicals or actually artificial, it just means they made a flavour from different ingredients. For example, pineapple flavouring could have been made from two different fruits to mimic the flavouring of pineapple. Their teas are actually quite good quality and they invest a lot of money into ensuring their tea producers are organic. Hope that helps :)
Yes, that's basically what the site I linked explains. I actually like a lot of the flavoured teas from David's. I was just providing the info for those that want it. :)

I think the prices for these clearance items are the same price in store (if they still have stock). I definitely bought some of the Sleigh Ride tea in store during Boxing Week for the same price.
Saving a fortune is not the same as having a fortune, unfortunately.