Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes

Day dreaming about quitting

Anyone day dream about quitting their job?
12 replies
Banned
Jan 4, 2009
2765 posts
200 upvotes
Not just during the day. I dream about it at night, during weekends, when im taking a dump, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1434 posts
123 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
kamilio wrote: Anyone day dream about quitting their job?
Yes, and I finally left and started my own firm. Much better.
May 28, 2012
92 posts
7 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
lol
i read this book called "why people fail" and it referred to a book called creative visualization
which claims that if you visualize what you really want, everyday and often, your brain can train you to take the steps necessary to get there...

maybe it will work for you
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2012
1717 posts
150 upvotes
I used to daydream about it... then I actually did it. Now I no longer daydream, because I like my current job.

Daydreaming accomplish nothing, you must take action.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1823 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
i dream about quitting life
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1469 posts
255 upvotes
Kunman wrote: i dream about quitting life
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1823 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
niroopg wrote: .........................................................
and sometimes quitting school and just go traveling
Nov 24, 2007
206 posts
23 upvotes
Kaon
Every single time I was blamed for something.

Every single time I was trapped by my manager in the back room to be screamed at because I didn't speak with her causally through the entire shift, forgot to ask how her vacation went.

The one time she trapped me in the bathroom because I didn't have anything to talk about thus didn't start any idle conversation and yet she didn't bother to start one with me.

Every time she cancelled or changed my shifts without telling me. Or all the crap she spoke about me behind my back.

Every time she screamed at me or ridiculed me (she also yelled at my sister once) on the floor in front of customers or when she made comments about my weight.

I was there for 5 years. Dealt with her for 3 of those years. She wrote me up in May 2012 because I made a comment about how much space was in the new layout of the store. I spoke to my family and friends that night. They told me to quit. So. I called in sick the next day, went shopping and on the day after that, that I was supposed to work. I quit. I'm better then her. I'm done with it. I never felt better. And my health has improved so much. :3
May 28, 2012
92 posts
7 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
sounds like everyone hates their jobs

do something about it, send out resumes, apply to jobs

keep picturing yourself in this spot, in this job, doing the same thing, hating it...it should give you enough motivation to take action !!!!