None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4742 posts
927 upvotes
London

[Walmart] DC Universe Online (PS3/PC) - Wal-Mart - $0.05

Was just at Wal-Mart and saw this behind the glass case for 5 cents. I know it's going to be free next week but it's not a bad deal for a replacement PS3 case and a coaster
137 replies
Apr 6, 2010
150 posts
59 upvotes
PC version too for $0.05 or just PS3 version?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4742 posts
927 upvotes
London
grappos13 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:24 pm
^ its only going to be FREE TO PLAY.. its not going to be free to have the game... usually their is a subscription to play but now u can play the barebones game for free.. you still need the game..

btw, this is sold out in all of the GTA for anyone looking..

So why is WM selling it for 5 cents?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4742 posts
927 upvotes
London
StrykeX wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:30 pm
PC version too for $0.05 or just PS3 version?

Sorry, didnt check PC.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
spham wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:34 pm

no idea.. they told me that they think it is a head office error because its not under their clearance pricing but that the actual price dropped to 5 cents.. maybe they thought that it was going to be free from now on so they did that.. but its definitely not free.. just free to play instead of paying for a subscription...

btw, i am not sure about the PC version...

was able to get one copy today from the stouffville location around 5:30pm... lady checked on her gun and said basically all of the GTA has no copies left anymore...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4742 posts
927 upvotes
London
grappos13 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:48 pm
no idea.. they told me that they think it is a head office error because its not under their clearance pricing but that the actual price dropped to 5 cents.. maybe they thought that it was going to be free from now on so they did that.. but its definitely not free.. just free to play instead of paying for a subscription...

was able to get one copy today from the stouffville location around 5:30pm... lady checked on her gun and said basically all of the GTA has no copies left anymore...

Wow, someone probably saw it this morning and hit up every WM in the GTA
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4618 posts
1809 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:48 pm

According to my DCU:O newsletter it will be free to download on PSN. However, this is really worth getting because if you ever spend money on this game you get an elevated level of F2P.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Apr 28, 2011
455 posts
435 upvotes
Brampton
none at bovaird and 10 in brampton...don't bother
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5651 posts
1308 upvotes
spham wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 6:34 pm

Because the Developer is stopping all physical copies from here on out. That has become a dead SKU taking up valuable inventory/stock space, so they want to get rid of it.
[shortened links removed]
May 16, 2008
199 posts
24 upvotes
Mikasa
grappos13 wrote:
^ its only going to be FREE TO PLAY.. its not going to be free to have the game... usually their is a subscription to play but now u can play the barebones game for free.. you still need the game..

Just download the client off their site for pc lol, no need to pay. go pc yeah lol
Jun 21, 2011
124 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed at my location. My store had 3 copies of the PC version, I sold 2. Lego Harry Potter for the PS3 was another title that dropped to 5 cents the other day. Not clearance, just a hard markdown.
Aug 17, 2008
447 posts
125 upvotes
SASKATOON
grappos13 wrote:

Every important gaming news source says it will be free in addition to being free to play. It's going to be downloadable free from the marketplace... also it's not really barebones, seeing as you get access to everything except you have to pay for DLC's. You just get less in terms of storage space and less character slots. You don't really know what your talking about.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5651 posts
1308 upvotes
ripjohnnyc wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 7:56 pm
Every important gaming news source says it will be free in addition to being free to play. It's going to be downloadable free from the marketplace...

Free, but somewhat limited.

If you're looking for more perks or the ability to earn trophies, a subscription will be required. If none of the aforementioned matter to you, then the Free-To-Play version will suffice.
[shortened links removed]