Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR

DCEU: Justice League - Nov 17, 2017 - Snyder Cut HBO Max - March 18, 2021

Collider spoke to producer Charles Roven and he revealed that Justice League Part One will start filming in London next year.
http://collider.com/wonder-woman-justic ... ons-dates/
“We’re making most of Wonder Woman [in the U.K.] and we’re also making most of Justice League there, JL One… We’re definitely gonna be shooting Part One in the first or second quarter of next year.”
The interesting thing is that Zack Snyder isn't filming the two Justice League movies back to back, meaning it will be two different productions.

EDIT: Part 2 originally scheduled for June 14, 2019.

EDIT 2: Snyder Cut coming to HBO Max March 18, 2021 as a 4 hour movie.

Last edited by Haz on Mar 15th, 2021 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
603 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
jenviea wrote: Filming scheduled to start a couple of weeks after Dawn of Justice premieres

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/21/ju ... s-April-11
Counter media from the studio to show they have faith in BvS, despite some of the rumors that are circulating. There is still plenty of time to pull the plug or change course (director). Honestly, if opening weekend for BvS comes in less than $110m I think at the very least we will we see a new director. I think WBDC want to see at least $130m to consider staying committed to the plan as is. $150m+ would probably lock things up for sure. I want to see a JL movie and have high hopes for BvS, but they have really painted themselves into a corner with the high budget that will require a super high return.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Even if BvS is bad, they will make enough money. I can't see why BvS won't be the highest grossing film of the year with the only true contender being Rogue One.

It will be the same for Justice League.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17418 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
VicRav wrote: Counter media from the studio to show they have faith in BvS, despite some of the rumors that are circulating. There is still plenty of time to pull the plug or change course (director).
Agreed
VicRav wrote: Honestly, if opening weekend for BvS comes in less than $110m I think at the very least we will we see a new director. I think WBDC want to see at least $130m to consider staying committed to the plan as is. $150m+ would probably lock things up for sure. I want to see a JL movie and have high hopes for BvS, but they have really painted themselves into a corner with the high budget that will require a super high return.
Perhaps apples and oranges but after Deadpool stunned box office prognosticators opening weekend I think BvS will have a big opening when the two arguably most iconic superheroes meet on the big screen.
thechampion116 wrote: I can't see why BvS won't be the highest grossing film of the year ....
To attain that IMO it had better have better RT score than Man of Steel

Snyder tweeted a pic from the Leavesden set with many o' costumes in the background

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/7 ... 2528728064
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
thechampion116 wrote: Even if BvS is bad, they will make enough money. I can't see why BvS won't be the highest grossing film of the year with the only true contender being Rogue One.

It will be the same for Justice League.
Captain America Civil War will probably beat it? I'm a DC Fan, but I think Captain America will probably make a tonne of dough.

I think people are cautiously optimistic about BvS. I can see initial reviews making or breaking the movie... It'll make money, but it'll be positive momentum that makes it earn enough.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Entertainment Weekly’s cover story also disclosed that the new Green Lantern will not appear in the DC movie universe until “Justice League: Part 2” at the earliest. The character is due to star in a standalone “Green Lantern Corps” movie out in 2020.
from http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jena- ... 201722401/
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17418 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
Variety editorial laments lack of a grand overseer for the DC movieverse with unnamed source claiming JL "will be a crowd-pleaser more suited to Snyder’s talents, and that the upcoming two-part event is “extremely kinetic and visual.” It will be far more straightforward than existential in its handling of superheroes."

http://variety.com/2016/film/opinion/ba ... 201749164/

For the record I'm glad I saw BvS in the theater and I definitely got some enjoyment from it.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
jenviea wrote: Variety editorial laments lack of a grand overseer for the DC movieverse with unnamed source claiming JL "will be a crowd-pleaser more suited to Snyder’s talents, and that the upcoming two-part event is “extremely kinetic and visual.” It will be far more straightforward than existential in its handling of superheroes."

http://variety.com/2016/film/opinion/ba ... 201749164/

For the record I'm glad I saw BvS in the theater and I definitely got some enjoyment from it.
What a waste of time.

These articles are all opinions, a guy with a soap box and no factual information. Might be a well ask little Johnny at the street corner.

Why do people actually read this crap from these websites?
May 10, 2015
513 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
batman vs superman flop so bad i have no faith in this movie..
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
They need to remove Synder. He is destroying the DC movies.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
jenviea wrote: Another Spider-Man actor joins the DC franchise

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... foe-880889

They should also cast Maguire and Dunst just because
Why not? Let's bring Raimi in to direct part 2 as well so they can rekindle the old Spider-Man magic.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Haz wrote: Why not? Let's bring Raimi in to direct part 2 as well so they can rekindle the old Spider-Man magic.
Spiderman 2 magic only please. No Spiderman 3, that was really, really bad.
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else feel like DC is going to fast? Justice League movie and we haven't seen half the heros yet

I think BvS would of definitely benefited if there was batman solo film first.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Gunz13 wrote: Anyone else feel like DC is going to fast? Justice League movie and we haven't seen half the heros yet

+1. I think they are rushing and will lose a ton of money because of this. Ex: Batman V Superman.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
Gunz13 wrote: Anyone else feel like DC is going to fast? Justice League movie and we haven't seen half the heros yet

+1

This is what separates Marvel from DC. I am not a fanboy per-say of a particular franchise over the other as I am fan of certain heroes from each, but Marvel's strategy is kicking DC's ass imo. Marvel's strategy is thought out, pre-planned, etc whereas DC seems to be just making it up as they go along and it's just a chaotic mess thus far. Marvel was smart enough to give the main characters each their own movie and then integrate all the the side characters (Widow, Hawkeye, etc) throughout the CA and IM movies). Before they even got to the first Avengers movie, you knew who the characters were and what they stood for.

JL is gonna be a potential disaster as we don't even know most of the characters yet aside from Superman/Batman/WW, and even that is pushing it. We know the Henry Cavill version of Superman since he's had 2 movies now, but we don't really know anything of Gal Gadot as WW or Ben Affleck (is he in this movie?) as Batman. I think the ppl at DC see the $$$ that Marvel makes and wants a piece of the pie. The problem is that Marvel has put in their time and investment with their very thought out plan and are reaping the rewards, whereas like I said earlier DC appears to be just making it up as they go along. You can't just a half-ass it and expect the $$$$ to roll in. BvS could have been an amazing movie and should have shattered a lot of records, but instead it got bad word of mouth for a variety of reasons and their sales numbers suffered because of it. Marvel appears to be 5 steps ahead of DC and DC is trying to play keep up and are making simple, rookie mistakes in the process.

DC has the better hero roster imo, but from a storytelling POV, Marvel destroys DC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)