Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

- PS4/XB1 Destiny Taken King Legendary Edition - $49.99 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2015 8:52 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 5, 2005
863 posts
1240 upvotes
Québec

- PS4/XB1 Destiny Taken King Legendary Edition - $49.99 + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
49.99$
Don't know if this a hot deal since the base game can be had for cheap but Tanguay.ca do have Destiny Taken King Legendary Edition for 49.99$ for PS4 and Xbox One with free shipping.
The game seem to be around 80$ everywhere else.

PS4: https://www.tanguay.ca/fr/prod2/03/elec ... egendaire/

Xbox One: https://www.tanguay.ca/fr/prod2/03/elec ... egendaire/
101 replies
Aug 2, 2011
235 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it only in French, though? Or will I be able to play in English?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
:lol: if this was an English only site located in QC they'd be burned alive. I can't find anything on if it's English game as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1995 posts
2476 upvotes
2 posts and no bashing? Record.

I was hesitant to spend 40 on TKK, but this really does feel like what destiny should have been. The game is ****ing solid
Sep 5, 2005
863 posts
1240 upvotes
Québec
I don't know if it's french only, but i would just try to price match it at Bestbuy or Walmart to be sure to get a english copy.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
Maculosa wrote: I don't know if it's french only, but i would just try to price match it at Bestbuy or Walmart to be sure to get a english copy.
i think Walmart still price matches anyone in Canada at some stores
Feb 15, 2015
291 posts
322 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I've seen copies of TTK Legendary Edition with the Digital Collector's edition (CE) DLC included and other copies without the CE DLC. Can anyone confirm?
Bottom corner says it's included
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDEwMDA=/ ... U/$_57.JPG

This one doesn't state the CE DLC is included
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... G/$_57.JPG

Also all the expansions are a DLC code, the disc in the case is the vanilla Destiny. So beware if you're expecting a disc with all the DLC to install. It's a 17 gb download btw.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
Question:
If I already redeemed the code can I still sell the game? I mean, the new owner can use the code again to download the expansions or not??

Answer:
Nope, if you redeemed it already, it is used. Your game copy is now useless for a second hand owner, that person can access vanilla Destiny year one but cannot access the DLC and Taken King, even with this "new edition", since you already redeemed the code. This disc has only the vanilla destiny disc, repackaged, with download code. There is no resell value, none of the new contents are included in the actual disc.

By David W. on September 29, 2015
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2081 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
Since the expansion is DLC, does it require the disk in the tray to play?
Or can I sell the original "Destiny" Disk after? (Since DLC isn't on the disk)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
Suthek wrote: Since the expansion is DLC, does it require the disk in the tray to play?
you can sell the game but it be has a normal version so you get 10 - 15$ for it if your lucky you get 20$ (only if you already have the game)
but if you dont own the game previously then you will need the game disk!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2081 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
FearLess wrote: you can sell the game but it be has a normal version so you get 10 - 15$ for it if your lucky you get 20$ (only if you already have the game)
but if you dont own the game previously then you will need the game disk!
So the disk is required for "the taken king" to launch?
Thought maybe it would be like a digital download of the game where no disk would be required.

Aware that the disk is just the original game without expansion. That's why I thought maybe it could be sold. Seemed worthless since it doesn't have DLC on it.
Jul 28, 2015
235 posts
44 upvotes
The UPC: 047875874510 shows that its french only for the xbox one.
Why would any game be french only? lol
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
CADTravels wrote: The UPC: 047875874510 shows that its french only for the xbox one.
Why would any game be french only? lol
Why would any game be english only? lol
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2679 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
Nope. The disk has no resale value.
Jul 28, 2015
235 posts
44 upvotes
FearLess wrote: Why would any game be english only? lol
Why can't it be multi-lingual?

I was considering buying it for $50 and playing it in French just to save $30 but I don't think I'm that desperate to play it.

Don't think Bestbuy/walmart will price match here
Jul 9, 2008
270 posts
122 upvotes
Suthek wrote: Since the expansion is DLC, does it require the disk in the tray to play?
Yes it does; the expansion doesn't come as a separate entity in the PS4, it's just extra content that you access through the original destiny game, so unfortunately you can't resell the disc if you wanna play the taken king.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
CADTravels wrote: Why can't it be multi-lingual?

I was considering buying it for $50 and playing it in French just to save $30 but I don't think I'm that desperate to play it.

Don't think Bestbuy/walmart will price match here
yeah i was able to price match at best buy for the English version and with the 10% off it turn out 46.99$ + tx

has for language now many game have separate English / french version sadly (COD serie halo is among them and other)
Jul 28, 2015
235 posts
44 upvotes
FearLess wrote: yeah i was able to price match at best buy for the English version and with the 10% off it turn out 46.99$ + tx

has for language now many game have separate English / french version sadly (COD serie halo is among them and other)
Online or in-store?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
CADTravels wrote: Online or in-store?
in store (and no hassle) took 4 minute and i was out! my friend did it has well with no issue!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)