[Entertainment] SBD: SONY NWZS615FB 2GB video mp3 player $20

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2009 9:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11512 posts
2939 upvotes
gangus wrote: Anyone know if its possible to upgrade the memory.. since 2Gb is not alot
Don't think so, but I think 2 GB is plenty, for an MP3 player, if you want to load a bunch of videos, sure, a little small... But I find once you have over 300 songs on the thing, it's tough to navigate to what you want. For what I hope to use this for, 2 GB should be plenty!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
gangus wrote: Anyone know if its possible to upgrade the memory.. since 2Gb is not alot
this isn't one of those mp3 players that has an extra SD card slot to add memory

can't recall Sony ever made a product like that. other MFRs like Sandisk have though

more specs on SS.ca website for those interested: http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servle ... Id=1004308
(still a whoppin' $100 at the Sony store lol)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
jackass_ca wrote: Thanks MJM,
Just got 1, tried to order 3 to get free shipping, but it said only 1 available for my area. Hopefully it goes through!
Amazing! Not OOS for me! Added 199 - no prob. Added another 800 - no prob. Total in cart - 999. That sounds familiar - D'oh! They STILL haven't fixed the Saturday night bug! :(

Don't waste your coupons (if you have any) on this deal folks - its another StOOpleS OOS special.

Nice find though, MJM. Some orders placed shortly after your post MIGHT get honoured. Most of us are just being fooled by the stock bug now though.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
jackass_ca wrote: So, even though there is phantom stock now, when I tried to add 3 before midnight, just after MJM posted it, it said 1 of 3 available, is that phantom stock, or will that maybe go through?
If only 1 was showing as available, you have just bought a lottery ticket. There is a CHANCE that there was one available. But from past experience I'd expect you'll receive a phone call next week informing you that "it was a clearance item and the warehouse staff are unable to find the missing unit - would you like to order a (more expensive substitute item?" I've had that happen several times now.

The 4GB version of this player that BB sold for $40 last month was the real deal though - it came with noise-cancelling Sony earphones included, which normally sell for more than that alone. This player has standard earphones. Nice deal for any lucky early orders though.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
trixstar wrote: place the order.. it should come monday morning :lol:
Nah, Tuesday at the earliest - and even then only if there was stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2470 posts
1715 upvotes
after replace the order, why stoop told me Grand Total inc. tax: TBD ???
Aug 11, 2007
581 posts
151 upvotes
Victoria
are clearance items returnable just in case this does go through and I end up not wanted all of them if I order 3 for free shipping?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
hrvatneah wrote: are clearance items returnable just in case this does go through and I end up not wanted all of them if I order 3 for free shipping?
Why deprive others of the chance to order if you're just trying to get free shipping? Use something else, with plenty of stock, as filler instead, like a bulk box of envelopes or an ink cartridge or something.

Most areas will only have phantom stock now anyway.
Nov 3, 2008
377 posts
24 upvotes
Alberta
Does anyone know Staple's shipping contractor? Is it purolator?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: Don't waste your coupons (if you have any) on this deal folks - its another StOOpleS OOS special.
i'm not sure ppl would have coupons to apply... it's only a $20 purchase lol
(EDIT: exception may be the current $5off50 floating around)
Tornado F2 wrote: Nice find though, MJM. Some orders placed shortly after your post MIGHT get honoured. Most of us are just being fooled by the stock bug now though.
at the time of posting, it was clearly not during the phantom stock period.

for those who made orders, it's actually not a q? of whether or not order is going to be "honoured", but just rather whether or not they actually have stock to fulfill such an order
Tornado F2 wrote: If only 1 was showing as available, you have just bought a lottery ticket. There is a CHANCE that there was one available. But from past experience I'd expect you'll receive a phone call next week informing you that "it was a clearance item and the warehouse staff are unable to find the missing unit - would you like to order a (more expensive substitute item?" I've had that happen several times now.
shouldn't be "next wk"... that's a bit too late.
expect an email/phone call by tom. or at latest Mon. morning :razz:

-------
hrvatneah wrote: are clearance items returnable just in case this does go through and I end up not wanted all of them if I order 3 for free shipping?
yes

only exception i can think of is if the store doesn't carry the item, and hence can't have it for resale. in that case, you'd have to return it to online store
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11512 posts
2939 upvotes
Well, shortly after placing the order, I received the "your order has been processed" email, along with the delivery date.

The last time I ordered something that ended up being phantom stock, I didn't even get that email, just the one stating that at the time of ordering, the item was out of stock, and they were "sorry".
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1719 posts
242 upvotes
BC
jackass_ca wrote: Well, shortly after placing the order, I received the "your order has been processed" email, along with the delivery date.

The last time I ordered something that ended up being phantom stock, I didn't even get that email, just the one stating that at the time of ordering, the item was out of stock, and they were "sorry".
after 4 hrs.. i havent got an confirmation email yet.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11512 posts
2939 upvotes
I ordered mine at 8:15 pm, before the phantom stock showed up at midnight!
Oct 20, 2004
755 posts
96 upvotes
just posted an order.. hope things work out =)
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2091 posts
616 upvotes
PuppetYuber wrote: Does anyone know Staple's shipping contractor? Is it purolator?
IIRC, Staples handles shipping themselves. They have delivery vans/trucks.