Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Deadstock.ca

Adidas Ultraboost 19 sneaker - $157.50 (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2019 2:47 am
Dec 19, 2012
159 posts
398 upvotes
CALGARY

Adidas Ultraboost 19 sneaker - $157.50 (after coupon)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
37% Off
Retailer:
Deadstock.ca
On sale for $175 then add coupon code KDC-XTRA10 for another 10% off. Free shipping. Final sale. First time I have seen the Ultraboost 19s on sale. Not as pretty as the originals in my opinion, but I'm willing to give them a try for $90 off.
Last edited by robespierre1794 on Mar 26th, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks! Wanted to give these a try but not at full retail.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Jun 19, 2009
514 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
Do people actually run in these kinds of shoes or is it just a fashion thing?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
ipanda wrote: Do people actually run in these kinds of shoes or is it just a fashion thing?
The ultraboost midsole with the continental rubber (from the continental tire company) outsole actually makes these shoes great running shoes! The ultraboost makes it feel like you're running on clouds, but the continental rubber gives you great grip on the ground when needed.

But they're also just a fashion thing - good for every day wear.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Oct 11, 2016
537 posts
619 upvotes
ipanda wrote: Do people actually run in these kinds of shoes or is it just a fashion thing?
They're not great for running since they have no support. I managed to sprain my ankle twice in UBs while running, so wear them casually.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
IMO, they are great for walking, but craptastic for running, the boost cushion is too soft, my heel usually sink in way too much when I tried running with them.

I found shoes with adidas alpha bounce, NB fresh foam and puma ignite to be better for running.
Signature removed due to rule violation
Oct 16, 2018
225 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
I have the ub in blue. These are super comfy. I have wide feet. This shoe is made more for wider feet. I have ultimate support. Amazing to run with. I have never sprained an ankle or fell or tripped from these shoes. Amazing, they are better than , APL , Nike, Reebok. I want another color (camo)
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
They're legit running shoes. But on the soft/cushy side, though some people prefer this. The upper also runs a bit hot and they aren't very light.
Jun 11, 2015
512 posts
719 upvotes
Montreal
KDC-XTRA10 for 10% off

You're welcome
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
So here's all you need to know about Ultra Boost:

They are in adidas' words: The Ultimate Running Shoe. They have Boost foam that is springy and comfortable. The cage locks down your feet. The heel cups lock in your heels. There is a Torsion System in the mid sole that prevents your arch from twisting. The Primeknit upper is sock like and stretchy and comfortable.

But does this make it the best running shoe? No. I don't run, but people who do say they are too squishy, too heavy, and the Continental out sole and Boost mid sole wears down way too fast. It's not to say you can't run in them, but compare them to say the Nike Pegasus Turbo which is more durable, lighter, and uses 2 foam technologies (Zoom X and React). Similar price, but runners love this shoe.

For everyday wear or if you plan on standing for long periods of time or doing a lot of walking, this is the king of shoes.

As for fashion, 4-5 years ago this was the most sought after shoe where Kanye (with many other influencers) wore them, so every little hypebeast and wannabe IG "model" wanted a pair. Over time the hype has worn off and now they go on sale often. It doesn't mean it's not fashionable. It's still hugely popular, as evident from the Game of Thrones Ultra Boost mostly selling out in 1 day.

The Ultra Boost 19 is similar to the Ultra Boost, but with 20% more Boost, the heel cups start from the mid sole, the Primeknit upper is less stretchy by the toe box, but stretchier by the opening and the cage is larger. It all works to more lock down and more comfort. However, they look butt-ass ugly... but that's just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1187 posts
751 upvotes
Richmond
UBs are great for running, not so much for any lateral movement though. These aren't gym shoes.
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
I'm 300lbs and tall and I need cushy shoes. The UB are great for me (walking and running).
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
These are final sale.

No credit or exchange.

Says right there in their return and exchange policy.

So you damn well better know your size and colour preference.

For the 4.0 boosts I'm a size 10, I haven't tried these to know if it's consistent.

Will go to footlocker to try.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1423 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
ugh. great deal. Love the undefeated ultraboost and it still has my size...

thanked, but passed. recently got a pair of vapormax

also - as comfy as they are, they feel unstructured and personally i would not run a marathon in these. 5k and day to day training maybe?
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
After the first version of the standard ultraboost, Adidas turned them into lifestyle shoes. I have the Ultraboost ST, which are a mild support shoe, and they're great. Twice the amount of boost, and more durable upper.

The 2019 Ultraboost are supposed to be a true running shoe, and a lot of reviews from actual runners support that. Boost is thicker and firm like an ST, and the primeknit is tighter, keeping your foot in place much better.
I come from playing basketball in my younger days, so I'm used to the super-tight fit for 1-2 hours at a time. I more than welcome the Ultraboost ST (and 2019) for running, and it's the perfect combination of cushion and fit. For longer ones (+10k), I still prefer "regular shoes" that have normal structure, which some Nike's, and Asics provide.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
UB 1 were too squishy and started to wear out after 250~km, but I really like UB 2 no issues so far, though I have been using them much less than my UB 1

Hopefully UB 3 is even better and more durable
Jan 21, 2016
29 posts
12 upvotes
robespierre1794 wrote: On sale for $175 then add coupon code KDC-XTRA10 for another 10% off. Free shipping. Final sale. First time I have seen the Ultraboost 19s on sale. Not as pretty as the originals in my opinion, but I'm willing to give them a try for $90 off.
+1 for subtle use of the kicksdealcanada code