Apr 29, 2008
6894 posts
3162 upvotes
Montreal

Deal alerts does not look for Hot Deals retailer tag

Hi,

I was testing the deal alerts function
https://www.redflagdeals.com/alerts/

I noticed that « Title only » it does not take into account the retailer tag in Hot Deals forum.

For example, if I put a deal alert for « Costco » in the title, the deal must have the word « Costco » in the title itself If the op did put Costco in Retailer tag but Did not write Costco again in the title, it does not show up in alert.

Example
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 9-2364967/

I did not receive an email for that deal.

I was expecting the retailer tag to be taken into account for « title » search.

(Costco was for test purposes, my actual deal alert is for primecables or 123ink)

Thank you.
4 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14178 posts
26608 upvotes
Scarborough
This has been an issue with the deal alerts system for sometime now. I already created a ticket to fix this along with a slew of other improvements to the system. For the time being it's better to add keywords that'll appear in the title, rather than the retailer name.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6894 posts
3162 upvotes
Montreal
TomRFD wrote: This has been an issue with the deal alerts system for sometime now. I already created a ticket to fix this along with a slew of other improvements to the system. For the time being it's better to add keywords that'll appear in the title, rather than the retailer name.
Alright thank you.
Feb 5, 2004
948 posts
72 upvotes
Has this feature been added yet?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14178 posts
26608 upvotes
Scarborough
uddinf wrote: Has this feature been added yet?
Unfortunately this still hasn't been fixed yet. It is at the top of our backlog so hopefully we won't have to wait that much longer. As someone with a lot of deal alerts, I'd really like to see this one fixed too.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].