Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

--

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2014 3:17 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2001
254 posts
62 upvotes
QC
karembeu wrote: Crusader, there are quite a few E6420 up there currently, is there anything specific you are looking for, feature-wise?

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Hi,

I would like a Laptop with a 1600 X 900 resolution and ideally a dedicated graphic card. Those 15" weight to much from the review on the internet. I'm trying to replace my Inspiron 1720 wich is heavy !!

Thanks,
"Vive le Québec ... Vive le Québec libre !!!", Charles de Gaulle, July 24th 1967
My heatware
Sep 26, 2013
91 posts
38 upvotes
Any chance of a 2410 before the sale ends? Thanks
Dec 26, 2014
42 posts
13 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
I received my e6420 yesterday and other than the bottom cover driving me bonkers I really like this machine! Mine came with a rubber foot missing on the right front, so I had to jimmy rig it with a furniture pad, but the bottom left creeks like crazy every time I put my hand on the palm rest to type. I was credited $11.30 for the pad missing, but I have now had to order a new bottom cover from the Parts-People in the USA which is costing me $37.53 to get it here. Otherwise this thing is great I love the backlit keyboard and the 1600x900 screen.
Aug 20, 2001
254 posts
62 upvotes
QC
Xanius wrote: I received my e6420 yesterday and other than the bottom cover driving me bonkers I really like this machine! Mine came with a rubber foot missing on the right front, so I had to jimmy rig it with a furniture pad, but the bottom left creeks like crazy every time I put my hand on the palm rest to type. I was credited $11.30 for the pad missing, but I have now had to order a new bottom cover from the Parts-People in the USA which is costing me $37.53 to get it here. Otherwise this thing is great I love the backlit keyboard and the 1600x900 screen.
Hi, the one you bought was it grade A or B ?
"Vive le Québec ... Vive le Québec libre !!!", Charles de Gaulle, July 24th 1967
My heatware
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Crusader wrote: I would like a Laptop with a 1600 X 900 resolution and ideally a dedicated graphic card. Those 15" weight to much from the review on the internet. I'm trying to replace my Inspiron 1720 wich is heavy !!
I hear you on the consumer 17", both my kids had those, very heavy units! I will push over all the 6420 I can see with 1600x900 (only see two), and dedicated cards (five with Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200M). Unfortunately, none of them have both. They are almost all Grade B units. There are a couple of 1600x900 on there right now (eg. http://dellrefurbished.ca/product/compu ... /si6684874), and about 10 units with dedicated cards - but again, none with both.
iamthat wrote: Any chance of a 2410 before the sale ends? Thanks
Yes! I managed to get some more ultrasharp processed yesterday, and I see four U2410 in that list. Any new stuff will be up before lunch, hopefully earlier.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Aug 20, 2001
254 posts
62 upvotes
QC
karembeu wrote: I hear you on the consumer 17", both my kids had those, very heavy units! I will push over all the 6420 I can see with 1600x900 (only see two), and dedicated cards (five with Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200M). Unfortunately, none of them have both. They are almost all Grade B units. There are a couple of 1600x900 on there right now (eg. http://dellrefurbished.ca/product/compu ... /si6684874), and about 10 units with dedicated cards - but again, none with both.

Yes! I managed to get some more ultrasharp processed yesterday, and I see four U2410 in that list. Any new stuff will be up before lunch, hopefully earlier.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Hi,

Thanks for your help, what's the weight of the m4600 compare to the inspiron 1720 ? Do you know if you will any more of those with like 4 gb of ram ?

I have a resolution of 1920 x 1200 on my inspiron so I can't go back to 1368 x 768 !!
My heatware
Dec 26, 2014
42 posts
13 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Crusader wrote: Hi, the one you bought was it grade A or B ?
Hello,

The one I bought was a grade A machine. I am too much of a technology perfectionist to ever consider a grade B system. The rest of the system is in amazing shape and it does say on the website that the bottoms are not looked at during the grading process.
Sep 26, 2013
91 posts
38 upvotes
karembeu wrote: I hear you on the consumer 17", both my kids had those, very heavy units! I will push over all the 6420 I can see with 1600x900 (only see two), and dedicated cards (five with Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200M). Unfortunately, none of them have both. They are almost all Grade B units. There are a couple of 1600x900 on there right now (eg. http://dellrefurbished.ca/product/compu ... /si6684874), and about 10 units with dedicated cards - but again, none with both.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Thanks - hopefully I can pick it up. Just checked and they are not listed yet!
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Xanius wrote: The one I bought was a grade A machine. I am too much of a technology perfectionist to ever consider a grade B system. The rest of the system is in amazing shape and it does say on the website that the bottoms are not looked at during the grading process.
Xanius, scratches and scuffs on the bottom don't impact the cosmetic grade, but a crack or a loose bottom will downgrade a unit out of retail. Honestly, I don't really mind dings and dents, as long as the system works. I have seen some amazing systems end up going through our bulk wholesale channels due to small imperfections, where the system itself ran great, I hate to see it :) Precision laptops especially. For some reason, it seems a lot of users close the lids, disable the shutdown, and put the monitor on the laptop, using it like a monitor stand, and desktop replacement. The number I see with four small dents, right where the monitor sits, is unbelievable, and none of those can make retail. Makes me sad!
iamthat wrote: Thanks - hopefully I can pick it up. Just checked and they are not listed yet!
The ultrasharps are being loaded now (2009W, U2211, U2212, U2312, and U2410).

~ John @ DellRefurbished

hint: try changing the number of items per page, to push the site cache and show new units a little faster.
Sep 26, 2013
91 posts
38 upvotes
Can't find them - maybe gone already!
Dec 26, 2014
42 posts
13 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
karembeu wrote: Xanius, scratches and scuffs on the bottom don't impact the cosmetic grade, but a crack or a loose bottom will downgrade a unit out of retail. Honestly, I don't really mind dings and dents, as long as the system works. I have seen some amazing systems end up going through our bulk wholesale channels due to small imperfections, where the system itself ran great, I hate to see it :) Precision laptops especially. For some reason, it seems a lot of users close the lids, disable the shutdown, and put the monitor on the laptop, using it like a monitor stand, and desktop replacement. The number I see with four small dents, right where the monitor sits, is unbelievable, and none of those can make retail. Makes me sad!

The ultrasharps are being loaded now (2009W, U2211, U2212, U2312, and U2410).

~ John @ DellRefurbished

hint: try changing the number of items per page, to push the site cache and show new units a little faster.
So where would that have put mine? I had a missing rubber pad and the bottom left of the base cover is loose.
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Man, you guys are quick! The four U2410 are gone already :O

I guess two came back out of carts, two are available again :)

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1244 posts
2129 upvotes
Somewhere Ontario
ah well, guess no 2209s :(

maybe next sale then i guess /ok
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
karembeu wrote: Man, you guys are quick! The four U2410 are gone already :O

I guess two came back out of carts, two are available again :)

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Got lucky and got one of the ones back from the cart!
Use these at work. Will be nice to have one at one. Great price!
@John - Thanks for keeping us informed of the deals and answering our questions. Happy New Year!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
How much were the 2410's?
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
cassador wrote: @John - Thanks for keeping us informed of the deals and answering our questions. Happy New Year!
Thanks, you too! I am off Friday, so will be back around on the 5th, I hope everyone has a safe and happy new Year!

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1244 posts
2129 upvotes
Somewhere Ontario
karembeu wrote: Thanks, you too! I am off Friday, so will be back around on the 5th, I hope everyone has a safe and happy new Year!

~ John @ DellRefurbished
you too! you need a break from dealing with us!!
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
hesho wrote: you too! you need a break from dealing with us!!
Ha! I was an RFD'er long before I started at Dell, happy to help.

~ John @ DellRefurbished

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)