• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 2:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes

Dealer to Dealer payout of lease

Currently leasing a BMW, and am shopping around Audi and Jag dealerships to buy out my existing lease with a few months left - and roll in the small difference into the new car OTR cost. I am in negotiation stage and I have couple of questions as I factor in my lease buyout within the OTR price.

1) dealership to dealership (different make) - do they payout the price of car + taxes, or just car?
2) typically what does a BMW dealership charge in admin charges? does it differ by dealers?
3) bmw financial said that if the lease is bought out through them (as opposed to the dealer) there is no admin charge. Is this right?

thanks in advance
3 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
I traded my BMW on a Mercedes and Mercedes tool=k the BMW back to the BMW dealer. All paperwork was done by Mercedes also, I suspect if you go to the dealer hat you want, they will find out what is needed from your BMW dealer and take care of the return and any fees associated with it.
'You will not know any of the charges, fees or payments until you make the deal with the new dealer. No one can tell you as each case is unique. It may also depend on how much the new dealer wants your business.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
2. you are likely looking at some sort of admin fee, probably in the $500 range + taxes
3. since you are simply exiting the lease out early, bmwfs will not process your buyout directly (as you are not really buying the car out yourself)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
utopianbl wrote: Currently leasing a BMW, and am shopping around Audi and Jag dealerships to buy out my existing lease with a few months left - and roll in the small difference into the new car OTR cost. I am in negotiation stage and I have couple of questions as I factor in my lease buyout within the OTR price.

1) dealership to dealership (different make) - do they payout the price of car + taxes, or just car?

- The buyout would be before taxes

2) typically what does a BMW dealership charge in admin charges? does it differ by dealers?

BMW is on the higher side - as mentioned it will be between $599-$799 depending on the dealer. It does vary by dealership.

3) bmw financial said that if the lease is bought out through them (as opposed to the dealer) there is no admin charge. Is this right?

I don't believe you can buy out the lease through BMW Financial as someone has to physically do the work to move the vehicle into your name, but eh, nothing is technically impossible.

thanks in advance
The cost of the buyout will have been accounted for by the dealer including the associated admin fees.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)