Dealership Promised to Fix Before Delivery, but was not fixed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 2:43 pm
[OP]
Jun 27, 2019
48 posts
18 upvotes

Dealership Promised to Fix Before Delivery, but was not fixed

Recently bought a car and the front hood had a huge dent on the centre. Sales person said it can definitely be fixed and will look like it was never there. This was included it on the bill of sale. When I picked up the car, the dent was still there and he said they forgot and to bring it back next time.

I brought my car in last week and they tried to fix it. After fixing it the dent is not as obvious but still there, but it is acceptable. Unfortunately, now you can tell there is paint chip on that area which looks even worse with that tinier dent.

Sales person acknowledges that the paint chip does look bad and that I would need to accept it since it is an used car. I am arguing that he should not have promised me to take care of it and make it look perfect to get the sale.

He is now offering to repaint the hood, but I know that repainting is not the best thing. Is it reasonable for me to ask for a discount to the car instead of repainting? If so, how much would be reasonable? I would really want to avoid repainting.

Thanks in advance.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2083 upvotes
Markham
Paint chip will eventually lead to bigger chip and then rust. Fix it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6695 posts
4262 upvotes
Toronto
Ask for new carbon fiber hood. No need for paint or worry about rust. /thread
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2103 posts
3859 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Too late now but never accept delivery unless 100% satisfied and promises are met. Wouldn't even leave a downpayment either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)