DealExtreme/PayPal Problems. Advice?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2007 1:22 pm
Tags:
None
May 10, 2007
34 posts

DealExtreme/PayPal Problems. Advice?

I ordered something from DX last night, and had it shipped to where I'm currently located (Toronto), however my paypal account/credit card is all registered under my permanent address which is in New Brunswick. So I ordered it, got receipt from DealExtreme & Paypal, then about 15 minutes later I get an 'Order Cancellation' from DealExtreme and a 'Limited Account' Status from paypal. I managed to get my paypal account back fully active about an hour later, however I'm not really sure where my order stands. DealExtreme has said it was cancelled, but when I go into Paypal I have an open incident which says 'Temporary Hold' and the status is 'Awaiting other party's response'. Meaning now, I have no order, and currently my cash is still in limbo somewhere. Advice??
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
Everybody's on the alert for fraud and trying to get goods shipped to an alternate address sets off all kinds of alarm bells. Most sellers (especially on eBay) won't allow this now. Since DX considers the order closed unfortunately I think you'll have to contact Paypal (motto: "We don't want to talk to you") to try and resolve this.
May 10, 2007
34 posts
Yah I completely understand why it was flagged. Looks like I resolved that problem, since I placed another order with the same address and it worked this time.

I just double checked the cancellation notice from DX and it says "If a refund is associated with your cancellation, a refund receipt will be sent to you from PayPal shortly."

Again, this was 2 days ago. Should I start to get worried?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)