Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2017

Deals on IP based Security Cameras with PVR?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 3:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40643 posts
6211 upvotes

Deals on IP based Security Cameras with PVR?

Are there any promos for Black Friday on 4 to 6 channel IP POE based security cameras with PVR?

Looking to add 4 to 6 to my house, which already has 3 POE connections when it was built.
Proud to be an Indian.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40643 posts
6211 upvotes
kid3 wrote: https://www.lorextechnology.com/?site=lorexSiteCA is having their BF sale, 25% off .

I am eying 2K (4 Megapixel) Home Security System with 4 IP Cameras - HDIP84W

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-s ... eosSection

It has colour night vision and the reciever records 4k, can support 4K camera.

BTW think this should be posted in the discussion sub forum
Thanks. Good prices for sure and may check out the 4K ones.
Proud to be an Indian.
24 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
This following is a great price for what it is! https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-c ... P822NV-1-p
(Links don't seem to be working properly, the system i am referring to is the "4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 4 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 250FT Night Vision" model # 4KHDIP822NV at $1026.99 Canadian which is amazing since its listed at $899.99 USD on the US site)

Looks like it uses the dahua starlight cameras which are $200-300 each alone, the only weak part seems to be the 2TB hd but at the price its going at who is to complain
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40643 posts
6211 upvotes
Is this a good deal?

Proud to be an Indian.
38 posts
9 upvotes
Those 4K PoE Lorex cameras look like an awesome setup. I bought some analog cameras a few years ago and they are collecting dust in a box somewhere, got lazy about trying to buy/run video cables and inserting power from somewhere. CAT6 is an easy pull. Perhaps those recorders with the extra HDD bay can be setup as a RAID?

It seems like the sort of thing to either go big on resolution or don't bother at all, had a bicycle stolen from work and the analog CCTV did squat in identifying the person. And -30C should be good too... guessing thieves aren't so dedicated to their craft at -30c. PoE with digital cameras sounds like a plan for when the new garage gets built in the spring.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2003
1241 posts
222 upvotes
Aurora, ON
dealnoob wrote: model # 4KHDIP822NV at $1026.99 Canadian which is amazing since its listed at $899.99 USD on the US site)

Looks like it uses the dahua starlight cameras which are $200-300 each alone, the only weak part seems to be the 2TB hd but at the price its going at who is to complain
Thank you. Ordered. I was going to assemble my own system. But after spending already well over 30 hours over multiple days learning about all the different aspects, and ordering things in bits and pieces, I realized that I still have way too much to learn and to do. If this system will work out of the box the way it's expected to work then I will probably overpay only a few hundred bucks over a fully custom solution (where hundreds of hours of spend time were not counted in total price).
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4329 posts
552 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Is this a good deal?

that one looks really bad review

i ordered Swann Wired 4-CH 1TB DVR Security System with 4 Bullet HD Cameras - $249+tax.

i wonder if the Lorex are better, their 4 chan DVR 1080p is $228.99+tax

these are already cyber deal, you cant apply 25% off
Mar 4, 2004
22 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
Is the Swann system better than the Defender one on sale at Home Depot ?
P.S..I don't know how to insert the add in the right format. I just copied and pasted it from Home Depot site.

Defender
Model # HD1T4B4 | Store SKU # 1001033924
Sold online only
Defender® HD 1080p 4 Channel 1TB DVR Security System and 4 Bullet Cameras with Mobile Viewing.

Write a Review Questions & Answers 0

Defender<sup>®</sup> HD 1080p 4 Channel 1TB DVR Security System and 4 Bullet Cameras with Mobile Viewing.
$249.99 / each
$349.00
Save 28%
Special Buy
May 21, 2002
353 posts
56 upvotes
LarryLat wrote: Thank you. Ordered. I was going to assemble my own system. But after spending already well over 30 hours over multiple days learning about all the different aspects, and ordering things in bits and pieces, I realized that I still have way too much to learn and to do. If this system will work out of the box the way it's expected to work then I will probably overpay only a few hundred bucks over a fully custom solution (where hundreds of hours of spend time were not counted in total price).
Also ordered, and +1 on everything mentioned.

Looks like a great system with great specs. Been thinking about piecing together a system for years but at this price, I don't think it would've come out significantly cheaper doing so

EDIT:

Just came across this Ezviz from Costco for $799

Thoughts? Also uses 4k cameras, also 2tb NVR, says 4 channel in the title but in specs shows 8 channel.. 4 bullets vs 2 bullets/2 domes
Dec 2, 2008
24 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
wasabi wrote: Also ordered, and +1 on everything mentioned.

Looks like a great system with great specs. Been thinking about piecing together a system for years but at this price, I don't think it would've come out significantly cheaper doing so

EDIT:

Just came across this Ezviz from Costco for $799

Thoughts? Also uses 4k cameras, also 2tb NVR, says 4 channel in the title but in specs shows 8 channel.. 4 bullets vs 2 bullets/2 domes
Not sure about the Ezviz since I don't know what cameras and nvr its using

I know there are 2 major OEM manufacturers which are Dahua and Hikvision and its neither of those. I would personally stay away.

The prices on the Lorex systems are still discounted, and the cameras/nvr are very good/all recent and great hardware. The lorex system is based on Dahua and also includes cloud backup which will be handy whenever you really need it.

From my reading the most important aspect with security cameras is if you are going to be able to identify the person/vehicle at the end of the day when you actually need to.

With the Dahua based Lorex systems you can use the Dahua apps gDMSS/iDMSS as well as the PC software SMARTPSS which is pretty neat.
Dec 2, 2008
24 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Cobthaich wrote: Great prices, thanks for the find. Does anyone know why the the coupon CYBER25 on the site does not work when input at checkout or are the price reflective of the coupon already?
It says the coupon doesn't work on special priced items

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)