Deals on laptop batteries? Looking for Dell XPS 12 replacement

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 8:53 pm
Jan 3, 2008
422 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria

Deals on laptop batteries? Looking for Dell XPS 12 replacement

Any leads on solid batteries for cheap? Thanks in advance!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: I ordered a HP battery from laptopparts.ca and it said that it was a genuine HP battery. What I received was different from the listing. Case was slightly different, less watt hrs, label was put on upside down and had different markings. I'm almost 100% positive that this is a fake HP battery. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from these guys. I could have bought the same battery from eBay for 1/4 of the price.
Always wondered how they could sell "genuine" parts so cheap.Lol
Jan 3, 2008
422 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
any spots that sell batteries online?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2556 posts
1630 upvotes
GTA
kurt16 wrote: thanks - I'd definitely consider it if I was in the area, but I'm on the west coast. hoping to find something I can order online.
Battery Depot operates out of Richmond, BC. You can see if they have your model # battery in stock. https://www.battdepot.com/ca/
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4967 upvotes
GTA
jackrabbit000 wrote: I ordered a HP battery from laptopparts.ca and it said that it was a genuine HP battery. What I received was different from the listing. Case was slightly different, less watt hrs, label was put on upside down and had different markings. I'm almost 100% positive that this is a fake HP battery. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from these guys. I could have bought the same battery from eBay for 1/4 of the price.
Thanks for posting this. Looking for an HP battery and found them online. HP sells the battery for $120, so I was definitely suspicious how they're able to offer "genuine" for $80. I'll avoid these.
heyyahblah wrote: Battery Depot operates out of Richmond, BC. You can see if they have your model # battery in stock. https://www.battdepot.com/ca/
Bought a "Dr. Power Advanced Pro Series (LHP271-AP)" from them in Oct 2019. 16 months later, it's down to 25% of the original capacity. And now that I read the terms of the "2 yr warranty", I see that it doesn't cover reduced capacity.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)