Tags:
None
[OP]
May 18, 2007
820 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto

Dealticker gets slammed on Global New tonight

A "consumer SOS" report on Global News tonight exposed the group buy site: Dealticker for their lousy service. A lady ordered several items from them and hadn't received them after several months. She requested refunds numerous times and was ignored. Global found the office is run in an unmarked building in North York and a belligerent Anthony Weiner like guy who felt hurt by the accusations. LOL! Apparently their refund policy only lasts 7 days from the order date! What a sham.

I had a similar experience with them... fortunately it was just a couple items and eventually (after my complaints) they did arrive. I won't shop there again! Besides, if you search ebay you'll find pretty much all the same products - for less! IMHO most things are cheap (made in china) crap anyway.

Anyone have a similar experience?

BTW, interesting slide here on all the players! Wow.

Update: Global's video is up: globalnews.ca/video/1264137/dealticker-customer-waits-months-for-product-refund
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2364 posts
2011 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
very shady site. i see the time remaining on ALL the items on their page is the same. hoewver they've been adding days to it every day. its currently 17h 30min...

many of the deals only 'ship' once the time runs out..it'll never catchup!

[IMG]http://i.snag.gy/vCIN2.jpg[/IMG]
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
Jan 28, 2014
80 posts
5 upvotes
Dorval
me too I got the same problem, and when I talked to their customer service everything I got is, this problem belong to the manufacture company -.-
Dec 4, 2013
20 posts
5 upvotes
xxxxx
Apr 7

to support
Hi,

I still not receive my power bank yet.
Any tracking number?

Thank you!

xxxxx
Apr 9

to support
HI Deal ticker,

Anything went wrong?
I have not received my parcel yet, I send an email on April 7th and still no response. Anything wrong?
I ordered on March 24th, my order number is xxxx

Carolyne Su clesu@dealticker.com via bounce.secureserver.net
Apr 9

to xxxx, DealTicker
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately as DealTicker is a deal site, we do not hold products; we simply sell products from other merchants on our website. For this deal, please allow 3-6 weeks for shipping once the deal has ended on DealTicker. Once the merchant provides us with tracking numbers, an email will be automatically sent to you.

Thank you for shopping with DealTicker and have a great day.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM, wrote:

--
Kind Regards,

Carolyne Su
DealTicker Customer Support

e-mail: support@dealticker.com

Our Policies
Refund Policy: http://www.dealticker.com/refund_policy_en_265cms.htm
Terms & Conditions: http://www.dealticker.com/terms_and_con ... 264cms.htm
FAQ: http://www.dealticker.com/faq_en_269cms.htm
Privacy Policy: http://www.dealticker.com/privacy_policy_en_263cms.htm
Jan 28, 2014
35 posts
11 upvotes
Two mounth past, still not recieve my parcel yet. And no refund. they just ask me to wait one more week! Never been so mad!
Jan 28, 2014
35 posts
11 upvotes
I can not believe that Dealticker is actually partner with RedFlagDeal?
No! Do not be a partner with them! No!
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Guys, stay away from Dealathons as well. They owe me $778. Purchased two hotel vouchers in Cabo (when they were still offering travel deals). When I went to book them at the hotel they informed me that due to Dealathons not paying them they would not honor the voucher and that I had to get my money back from Dealathons.

I have been trying since November. They first offered me $1000 in credit on their site which I turned down (when am I going to spend 1000 on the junk they sell now). When I turned that down and asked for a refund they tried to say it wasn't possible at first because 60 days had passed and they could not refund to my credit card. I told them that wasn't acceptable and that they could e-transfer or cut me a cheque to get my money back to me. Since that I am being completely ignored. Have sent 8 emails with no response. Have phoned three times. Twice left messages on the main line since no one picked up. The other time was "forwarded" to the managers phone to discuss which of course went to voicemail which was full.

Complete scam. I don't know how they think they can hold close to 800 dollars of mine.

Needless to say I am now looking at pursuing action through small claims court. Not fun but I'm not going to just let them keep 800 bucks.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1532 posts
693 upvotes
I don't understand why people wait so long for items from these companies, if you don't receive your item in 30 days file a charge back with your credit card company. If the item arrives just cancel the charge back this way you are protected from being scammed.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1532 posts
693 upvotes
str8jkt wrote: Guys, stay away from Dealathons as well. They owe me $778. Purchased two hotel vouchers in Cabo (when they were still offering travel deals). When I went to book them at the hotel they informed me that due to Dealathons not paying them they would not honor the voucher and that I had to get my money back from Dealathons.

I have been trying since November. They first offered me $1000 in credit on their site which I turned down (when am I going to spend 1000 on the junk they sell now). When I turned that down and asked for a refund they tried to say it wasn't possible at first because 60 days had passed and they could not refund to my credit card. I told them that wasn't acceptable and that they could e-transfer or cut me a cheque to get my money back to me. Since that I am being completely ignored. Have sent 8 emails with no response. Have phoned three times. Twice left messages on the main line since no one picked up. The other time was "forwarded" to the managers phone to discuss which of course went to voicemail which was full.

Complete scam. I don't know how they think they can hold close to 800 dollars of mine.

Needless to say I am now looking at pursuing action through small claims court. Not fun but I'm not going to just let them keep 800 bucks.
Just curious how long was the time in between purchasing the deal and attempting to book the hotel?
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Almost 2 years exactly. Oct 2011 it was purchased and tried to book for Oct. 2013. Well within the expiration date of the voucher still.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5786 posts
758 upvotes
They worked with AppleDepot on some deals. Defective product received and never got replaced like they promised. Now no responses from either AppleDepot or Dealticker. Avoid both!
May 11, 2014
1 posts
You should let your credit company know about the situation they will help you get your money back
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7616 posts
906 upvotes
Waterloo
SaabY536 wrote: I can not believe that Dealticker is actually partner with RedFlagDeal?
No! Do not be a partner with them! No!
really where??
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5682 posts
2238 upvotes
Thornhill
I'm still waiting on a deal I purchased from Dealticker from last Valentine's Day (used a coupon code and paid $1 out of pocket). Sent multiple emails. received generic "it's coming soon" emails from their team.

Oh well, maybe I'll get it next Valentine's Day :razz:
Jun 25, 2014
2 posts
Scarborough, ON
wow that's terrible.. thank God I checked on here before ordering!